Nates Sabre Tuning 665bhp 558lbft RS

Home Forums General Members’ Cars Nates Sabre Tuning 665bhp 558lbft RS

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 766 total)
  • Author

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Hammy that’s a tad harsh….

All the big power reliable cars are erm running Syvecs  from Focus Mk2 ST & RS upto 1050bhp and Mk3 RS & ST upto 900bhp

If you take the time to read and do a bit of research you will see all the successful builds have used Syvec.

Mk3 RS fastest quarter mile car runs Syvecs. I haven’t read one successful build on a 600 + HP build that actually been a good using a Cobb or factory OEM ECU.

SLOWEST_RS is probably the most famous fail who didn’t buy Syvecs tried it with the COBB device and failed, so bad and costly he returned back to a stock motor.

If you do a little research you will find the only GOOD RELIABLE option for big power is Syvecs.

PS

With Syvecs you just buy a flex fuel (£150) sensor and map Methanal from zero to 30%. No extra tanks No extra controllers No extra wires No extra pipes just pour it into the petrol tank and the flex fuel samples every millilitre of fuel mixture going to the engine and adjusts accordingly.

But as a side note if you want extra wires, pipes, injectors, ECU, tanks and everything just to run control only the Meth you can’t get a better setup than the Aquamist option (£1k +) you may also want the safe guard ECU by Stratified to stop your engine blowing up.

See I did my research on meth before going Syvecs as I was going a different route then until I woke up.

If you add up all the extra stuff you have to buy to make it work like a second class Syvecs system it’s actually cheaper to go Syvecs honest ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Look forward to the results ?

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

White RS2 what are your thoughts on adding meth to the fuel tank?

I mean the trades off with it being more corrosive etc?

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

Personally I don’t think you can get better than the aquamist system for the simplicity of it and quality of components

I have used meth before,my mate runs snow I used to run AEM

looking around and chatting to the suppliers cooling mist ,devils own and torque byte all the same importer  he is super helpful and is really quick at getting back to you etc

torque byte is a good idea and proper 3 d mapping of meth but it’s almost a pain as if you change your map you need to change your meth map so two new maps instead of one  but I guess that’s the beauty of it one thing suits one person but not the next

the quality of the kits is what put me off the cooling mist and devils own

aquamist has metal flow sensors instead of plastic it’s plug and play as far as the control unit goes ,and very simple to wire in

I just like the fact everything is made in the UK (apart from their tanks they’re made in Germany)

but all fittings fixtures circuit birds everything made by them I like that and it is made simple to operate.

3 stage filtering etc all included check valves included etc etc

AEM basic but good but no failsafes oh a green light ,plus float level sensor never works they are shite But easy wiring again all laid out for you

aquamist is almost the most expensive option I think cooling mist with torque byte was more money again as the new torque byte controller is more expensive as can run more solinoids etc

think that’s like £800 now instead of £550 so gets crazy money wise

meth is a nasty fuel for me I want the separate tank etc I do have one worry and that is the Mountune pistons have that coating on them cant remember what it’s called and I often wonder if the water meth will have any effect on them?

any ideas?

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I too have the Mountune pistons and rod as they have an 800bhp rating.  Mountune USA sell the same pistons and Meth is big in the US car culture. I just presumed all would be good never really looked into that and you’ve made a good valid point their that’ll need looking into.

Most of the factory fuel related stuff is now plastic so any corrosion should be minimal and no more than petrol acts on plastic.

Yep have to agree very good kit, Aquamist is probably the best after market system out their in that price bracket. When I checked out systems out their that was also my system of choice until my tuning direction change.

I’ve used Aquamist chargecooler kits before and they worked really well.

AEM was actually my second choice, second choice only due to no safeguards so I’d have to get a piggy back system from Stratified USA if I wanted any safety inbuilt.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

The AEM system is child easy to fit every wire labelled up etc

the controller is a bit pointless it works well but it’s not exactly aesthetic looking I had mine mounted on the driver side windscreen at the top corner on my other car

1 because easy for tuner to set up

2 because it does have an led built into it which flashes fault codes at you , my thoughts being no bloody good in the glove box as you can’t see what’s happening , I found that the red light constantly flashes (due to the brand new float sensor failing) AEM were really difficult to deal with and really didn’t want to change the sensor

they did and that new one lasted less than a week so you end up bridging the wires to stop the false alarm flash

it just kept me super vigilant on checking the amount used after each run.

ive only ever used 1 gallon tanks so I’m not sure how It’s going to go with the multi port system as I have to allow for 880 cc that’s loads esp if I ever go to donnington? With long straights?

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

spicer
    Participant

UK - England

@nateodog – I’m due to pick my car up from mountune over the next couple of weeks after having the mr520 kit fitted. Is it really that bad ? I’m trying to get onto the focusrs owners forum as I’ve been told shit hits the fan in there about the mountune kits but for some reason it won’t let me become a member.

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

We have a purpose what’s app group and Facebook group for the m520 and Pte turbos give me your number if you want ALl the details and not just hearsay

kept it out of general public eye for a while due to certain issues and for relations but bits creep out

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

There are a few things to check immediately on collection

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

spicer
    Participant

UK - England

Can I pm on here ?

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve just looked I can’t see how

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@spicer/nateodog, contact Kenny and ask for the email to get it in touch.

Honorary Member

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

Email sent cheers bobcat

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

spicer
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve just sent him one aswell ??

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Good luck guys ?

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 766 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Nates Sabre Tuning 665bhp 558lbft RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!