Navigation issue – no card present

Home Forums Technology Navigation Navigation issue – no card present

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Just popped into the office today and my sat nav appears to have had a meltdown.

Asking me to insert an sd card although there is one present. System is a sync 2.

Tried removing and. Reinsert ING but that does not appear to have cleared the issue

Any thoughts?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo, have when removing the card you’ve tapped ok with only the ignition on, then once reinserted tapped ok again, then restart the engine? There is a sequence to it and I’m at a loss to remember what it is 🙀

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Bobcat, no idea on that one I’m affraid. I simply shut everything down, removed and reinserted it.

Will check fuse f67 after lunch just incase it’s that. May also disconnect the battery for 10 mins but other than that I’m at a loss

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

SD cards can become unreadable. A known issue also with cameras. Might need a re-format or even a new card. But are all the nav maps really stored on the SD card? My Sync 2 updates itself occasionally over W-LAN and knows about new roundabouts or ongoing roadworks (but this might be radio, not nav)🤔

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

BTW: Mine is F5 Europe maps. The newest is F9 from 2020. Is an upgrade necessary? @turbo-tone: would an update to F9 do the trick?

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Frenk. Mine is also an F5. I will start with the easiest and cheapest option and check the fuse. If that fails I will try to source the latest F9 card. Its under warranty anyhow so if the cheap fixes don’t work ile be on to the warranty company

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Great, good luck. Keep us posted.

@Kenny
    : If enough requests existed would you sell F9 sat nav SD cards for forum members? Just a thought…

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Update. Pulled the fuse for the sync system to do a reboot. Not fixed the issue. Will order a new sd card as when I go to the error, insert the card and press OK it says unable to read so I’m suspecting it’s a fault SD card. I hope…..

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo, have another try with this sequence

With the ignition off, remove the SD card, switch on the ignition and when you get the message use the OK button on the steering wheel then insert the SD card and press ok again, switch off the ignition after approx 45 seconds. Now hopefully when you switch the ignition on and start up it should recognise the card. Give it ago let us know if it works or fails please ?

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat. Will try it tomorrow as the car is currently like a block of ice.

Ordered a replacement from ebay which should be here middle of the week. Needed an update anyhow

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Ok 👍 ,   this sequence has work once before 😹

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

No joy with that one bobcat!

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Suspect an sd card error as when I remove and re insert I get this

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo, I have seen this before. Just humour me and try once more, this time very carefully clean the sd card once removed and follow the sequence.  I really do hope that it works this time, good luck. At least you know you’ve got a replacement coming.

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Nope it’s still Donald ducked

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Navigation issue – no card present. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!