Near Miss Today!

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Near Miss Today!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hope you get well soon Elliot. Lots of forum posts from you over the next few days then.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

So so so lucky…………….. imagine if that car wasn’t park in front of yours it could of been sooooo much worse. ????

It could of been so much worse but everyone’s walking and talking just a tad bruised and at least the RS isn’t on the HPI register as a crashed repaired so all good ????

Kidding aside glad your well and in one piece ? ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ere, Elliot, is this your workshop by any chance and you in the blue ?? !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

New pair of pants required! Glad you lived to tell the tale.

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

1. Bloody pain killers playing hell with my guts ?

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

@elliot

You left the seat up, not vey nice for next customer.

Hope you soon start to feel better soon

Have the boys from the garage brought you any Theakstons Old Perculiar and mushy peas yes, it’s the best medication in Yorkshire.

May the Ford be with you

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@elliot

Afternoon mate!! How are you feeling now?? Hope you’re recovering well.

Yeah dangerous places workshops, I’ve seen more than my fair share of incidents over the years. I saw an MOT Tester in a garage I used to work in do something very similar to what you did…. He did the Brake Test and came out the Rollers and onto the MOT Ramp, it was a big old diesel jeep, put the probe up its ass for smoke test and jumped into drivers seat, it was an Automatic too and he’d left it in drive, he floored the throttle and took off across the 4 post ramp like he was doing a quarter mile, he jumped straight off the end of the ramp through the headlight beam checker and into the workshop toilet wall, thankfully nobody was hurt, the guy was clearly in shock as he wouldn’t let go of the steering wheel afterwards, I must admit I did laugh after I knew nobody was hurt!!

One incident I didn’t laugh at was this next one….. 2 x Apprentices doing front brakes on a Corsa, one at each side, the guy at the N/S was spraying brake cleaner at the other guy as he worked on the car, must’ve sprayed about half a can at him which soaked into his boiler suit around the waste, he then walked up to him and began striking a lighter jokingly, the F**KEN little idiot didn’t think about the extremely flammable vapour coming off the lads coveralls and as soon as he struck that lighter BOOF!!!!! The lad was a BALL OF FLAMES from the waste up, never seen anything like it as he ran around screaming!! Thankfully within seconds one of the other Mechanics had grabbed a fire extinguisher and put him out. The lads hair was burnt off, eyebrows, t-shirt etc. all burnt within seconds!! He went off to A and E and the other lad was sacked on the spot!!

To finish on a lighter note, no pun intended, haha, a young sales woman taking a brand new LWB van, straight off the transporter, round the back of the Workshop, cut the corner too tight and caught the cladding on the corner of the building, she opened that van up like a tin of sardines, right down the side!! I laughed at that one too, haha!! ???..

All the best @elliot!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Haha, yeah sh!t happens. Able to walk to the pub and back but the incident has awakened injuries of years ago, groin, shoulder etc so I think may have to think what is best for me in the near future. I’m knocking 58 ffs, seeing the boss on Saturday morning.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

Elliot, that incident sounds horrific, you must be tough as old boots mate, kudos on keeping your sense of humour and good look with your recovery.

Regards

Rob

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Just an update on the ‘carry on’ three weeks ago.

HSE have been sniffing around as have DVSA regarding workloads etc. At least three serious incidents over the last year. Only the one relating to myself.

My legs/ ankles are doing well, it’s just the shoulder injury that’s the problem. Having treatment and hopefully back to work next week.

Thankfully have no gigs with the band for another month. Tenerife next weekend?

Take care

Ian

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@elliot

Morning mate!! Glad to hear your making a recovery. Getting back to work and back into a normal routine should help massively. Then a well timed break in the Tenerife sunshine sounds nice. ??. You’ll just have to get someone else to carry your suitcase if that shoulders still playing up, lol, and use your other arm for lifting all those ice-cold beers, haha, ???…. All the best mate!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Elliot

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery, yes some Tenerife sun will help.

Just a thought, get assistance booked at airport if you have not allready to help get you through check in and passport controlquickly, yes I know it’s not Manly, but if my wife did not have this we would not consider flying due to the hassleas she has very,very limited mobility and stamina these days due to Multiplesclerosis.

Compulsory photo required of full English breakfast and large lager at 10.00am

enjoy…..

May the Ford be with you

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Near Miss Today!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!