NeilRS2K’s Nitrous blue RS

Home Forums General Members’ Cars NeilRS2K’s Nitrous blue RS

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • Author

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Did someone say Flat front RS2…………????

I remember one at knockhill back in late 80s early 90s – had a cossie motor in it though. In those days i had a mkq Mex and a RSTurbo.

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Grunty-motor,

Yeah it was flat fronted to preserve the nosecone and wings. Flat fronted in around 2009 I think it was.

Currently going back to standard with nose cone, standard fishnet recaros etc but I am fitting a YB cosworth in its place! Engine and gearbox have been first fitted, new gearbox tunnel fabricated. I have a whole load of nice shiny new parts for it waiting aswell.

Idea is to get the engine running then get it all back out again to do a bit fabrication on the shell, off to paint then final fit the engine with all the new bits on.

Cheers

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Got any pics of the mex or RST?

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Short pressed metal front plate

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Gel inlay on airbox from DMB graphics

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Spoiler Gel inlays from DMB graphics in mid blue – not sure on these to be honest but will leave for now and see if they grow on me.

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

A final clean and dry before going back offshore

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

A nice contrast shot between old and new. Not mines though. Storing my dad’s MK1 until his garage is sorted.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Looking really good ?

Honorary Member

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Only other plans for the focus RS are a set of rally armor flaps purchased from the club shop. They arrived the day I left for Aberdeen so will be waiting for me coming home.

Never fitted flaps before so hopefully they are straight forward enough. Have watched the videos on YouTube.

Any tips??

Would be good to hear some other people’s opinions, experiences and comparisons with their focus RS to previous and cars owned! Photos always welcome!!

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I think fitting the mud flaps will be quite straightforward its basic stuff that should be within the capabilities of most petrol heads. Biggest job will be jacking the car up and removing the wheels. I think you can do it without but a proper clean and decontamination of arches and wheels whilst you have them removed.

Coastliner

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Coastliner,

Thanks mate. Looking forward to fitting them when I get home.

I’ll get in about the arch liners when the wheels are off and get them spotless.

Cheers

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Bobcat,

Like a lot of petrolheads I have ocd when it comes to my pride and joy. One thing I have noticed that lets the car down a bit is how much the back box has tarnished even though it hasn’t done many miles. Maybe to do with heat or just general corrosion. Not sure if it would polish up or if anyone has tried?

cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to NeilRS2K’s Nitrous blue RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!