NeilRS2K’s Nitrous blue RS

Home Forums General Members’ Cars NeilRS2K’s Nitrous blue RS

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • Author

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

My solution to getting the jack under the front jack points. Drive up on some slabs. Massive difference between how the rear sits to the front.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Very very nice!?

That’s my decision made, I’m going for the same wheel spacers now where’s my credit card…. ?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Turbo-tone

I was on the lookout for some black wheel nuts and I came across a video by the bloke Adam Rainey on YouTube. He is a ford RS vlogger and I find most of his videos pretty informative.

Seen he fitted these spacers to his MK3 RS and they looked spot on. I used the code on the video to get 15% off which was a decent saving. First spacers I have fitted and very happy with how they look.

Let me know how you get on if you do choose to fit them.

Cheers, Neil

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah I have seen some of his videos. I watched his Mountune induction kit installation as a guide for fitting mine last week.

Just tried to order but can’t get the code to go through so looks like I will be giving them a call later.

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Turbo-tone

The code was maybe short duration but it’s worth giving them a call and see if they will honour it

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Cars looking spot on neil. Whats next? Think springs compliment the spacers really well.

440bhp

443lbft

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Matt.B

Nothing for a wee while mate. Quite fancy one of those carbon ford performance gear knobs that’s in your profile pic. Dreamscience Imap and source a spare wheel to sit in the garage.

Off tonight to get a list together of last bits needed to get the YB cosworth engine running in my MK2 RS2000. Could well be expensive haha

What about yourself? Any plans?

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Springs do look great but I had some H&R lowered springs on my MK2 focus ST years ago and they were brutal. Took them off and returned to stock and found the car handled so much better on bumpy b roads. Not as skittish over the bumps especially in corners.

My RS4 had fully adjustable coilies that were slot better however they were still very crashy at low speeds in town etc

This is why I am a bit reluctant with this car although it would look miles better

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Looking nice Neil ?

NB FPM375

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Thanks Stu

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

The carbon gear knob is nice defo recommend. Also the handbrake but its abit pricey for what it is.
    I have an exhaust coming then it will be sports cat and intercooler most likely.

440bhp

443lbft

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Matt. B.

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Had the wheels off today For a deep clean on the arches and the back of the wheels. Also fitted the genuine RS wheel centre caps which I purchased second hand on eBay (not sure if it’s a member on here I purchased them from)

I also purchased an imap from a chap through the Facebook selling page. Had 4 lives left and was posted straight away. Loaded up the ultima 2+ and can honestly say wow. Bit laggy and boost can catch you out mid corner if you don’t watch what your doing but absolutely love it. Bit of an old school turbo vibe going on with a bit extra drama over stock.

Not tried any other maps as yet. Any recommendations or best to leave where it is now?

Will share some pics…

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Out with the old… One of which had a little corrosion. They are now stored away with the rest of the stock items should I ever want to go back.

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

In with the new… Very good condition and won them bidding in the last few seconds of an auction.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to NeilRS2K’s Nitrous blue RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!