New Audi RS3 Sportback

Home Forums General Non RS Chat New Audi RS3 Sportback

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

fredeng
    Participant

UK - England

Interested to hear people’s views on the new RS3 coming out?

Obviously a rival to our RS, along with the AMG A45, some obvious improvements on this new model including BHP now pretty much at 400.

The inside for me wipes the floor with the RS (more carbon fibre and layout is perfection) however exterior wise I just think it’s not as sporty and mean.

Obviously taking brand in to account and specification, this car top whack is about £60k- so pretty much £20k+ more than a fully specced Mk3.

Now I’m not saying I’d want to purchase one of these (however tempting!) but I would definitely be very keen to test drive one and see how it compares. Needless to say these RS3s sound DIVINE and apparently this new model goes like an absolute beast and gear changes are as good as a GT3 RS.

Interested to hear people’s opinions.

Fred

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

It’ll be the RS for me all the time ?

Honorary Member

Philb65
    Participant

UK - England

If you can afford one have test drive or you’ll never know what it’s like. Does seem one helluva car but at the price point it’s not fighting the RS, there is no comparison.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

if I had one leg then I would want an auto, while I can use a clutch, I will stick with a proper gearbox ! RS all day. simples

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

alexm05
    Participant

UK - England

I test drove one before my RS purchase. Epic engine, sounds amazing and much nicer inside. It is ridiculously fast but just not as fun to drive. I was quite happy to choose the RS and save a significant amount. However, I am a big fan of fast Audi’s and will defo look again for my next car.

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

If I was in the market for a £60k car, I’d test drive it back to back with a loaded M2…..about £55k. The fact that the RS can do what it does at that price point, even with its humble Ford badge, makes it a bit of a marvel.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

From a previous Audi owner they are good cars and well put together but definately not as exciting as an RS.

I do like the RS3 but being about 50% more when you add some extras on I didn’t think it was worth the money and also they depreciate alot worse than an RS.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

I actually seen one today and had a good look round it.

Agree with Fred I think the current model is a bit more aggressive than the new one

jasoni
    Participant

UK - England

I really like it,  one at the local Audi garage. Would like to test drive but definately may consider as next car.

Laren Guthrie
    Participant

Australia

The 5 cylinder bark they have is something else!

Basically a $100,000 car here in Australia though, big price difference to the RS which I paid $60k for fully optioned.

fredeng
    Participant

UK - England

All interesting views.

I do find it intriguing that people think its not as exciting to drive as the RS?

I just personally feel what’s not to like about driving a four wheel drive 400bhp with gear flaps?! Sounds very racey and exciting to me.

Needless to say, I’m quite the happy boy with my RS at the moment with my Remus catback ??

nauli
    Participant

Australia

Yep $100K in Australia for the RS3 vs just under $60K for a fully optioned RS…there’s no way it’s worth $40K more (nor could I afford it).

But I agree it would be a great car to have….but only in the sedan version since the hatchback looks dated and very ordinary….

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

It just looks like an ESTATE CAR to me !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Sportback? nothing sporty about its back at all, this is what i would call a sportback !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Doesn’t do it for me, as Mike states it looks like an estate

Photograph

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New Audi RS3 Sportback. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!