New bits GGR/SiCO/Turbosmart

Home Forums Styling General New bits GGR/SiCO/Turbosmart

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wheely
    Participant

UK - England

A few things to fit this weekend if the weather clears up.
    insurance question, I haven’t had a ‘modified’ fast Ford since 2008, just kept them standard since.
    Is it worth telling the insurance about these?
    Would they pay out if wrote off if I didn’t?
    What classes as a modification to insurance? Obviously zorst, remap etc

Im getting a cat back fitted at MSD soon and I know I’m gonna declare that to insurance.
    </p>

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by wheely.

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

Nothing there I would bother to tell the ins. co. about.

I remember when having my Impreza repaired some years ago, I was told by the repairers that the insurance Co. would not authorise the replacement of the aftermarket front splitter and mudflaps which I had not declared, but authorised the garage to fit genuine Subaru versions instead, at over twice the price!

JohnD

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

As John says nothing on there but when you get to springs, remap etc then it isn’t worth risking it in my opinion. Just remember it’s in their interest to not pay out and they will do anything they can not to pay and if you have not declared a modification then that is enough for them not to. Is it worth risking all that money for an increase of £15 for example a year which it cost me for declaring exhaust and lowering springs, the induction didn’t affect it at all.

With a car like an RS they are bound to go “ah boy racer, must be some mods on here we don’t know about!”

As most are online now you can just go down the drop down menus and see first the difference it would make to the policy.

Modified cars are a big market so it’s in the interest for people like Adrian Flux and other RSOC approved insurers to offer you a good deal and prob not charge anymore.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Hope the weather is kind to ya!</p>

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

wheely
    Participant

UK - England

bugger!  It’s not the strut kit at fault  The hinge on the bonnet seems to be more inward than the left side.  Sorted it with some double sided thin sponge tape between and filed the edge of the nut.

wheely
    Participant

UK - England

Left side in comparison

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New bits GGR/SiCO/Turbosmart. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!