New brake callipers due to Ford chipping mine

Home Forums Performance Brakes New brake callipers due to Ford chipping mine

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Jay Love
    Participant

UK - England

had pads done at lookers Ford and they have chipped all the paint away from either front calliper. Looks a bit of a mess. Manager said that they will replace the 2 front callipers. He’s said that when he’s looked at ordering them there was only one option to choose so I’m guessing they won’t come painted. Just wondering what you guys would be asking for to make sure they are done right? Ie does anyone no the paint code for the blue callipers. I’ve searched and think the paint code is L1? Is this right. Also what would you ask for when they paint them? I’ve read that they need to be baked as to resit braking temperatures. Really annoyed as they look as though the ‘technician’ has just smashed it with a screwdriver. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

They lie

Ring another Ford dealer and ask how much a pair of factory painted front Calipers are and their number.

Unpainted Calipers are about £125each cheaper to buy than the painted version from parts department.

Right

Ford Focus RS MK3 Right Hand Side Caliper (blue)

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Left

Ford Focus RS MK3 Left Hand Side Caliper (blue)

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I wouldn’t settle for unfinished Calipers painted in their body shop on the cheap. They are the most commonly ordered caliper on the cars when new, so should defo be available from Ford

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Jay Love
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah thanks guys I’ll give a garage a ring then I’ll phone up the garage that did the brakes and see what they say. It’s a lookers Ford that did the job so they should be able to sort parts. I asked about there paint shop and they told me they had a guy up the road that did the painting for them so that’s not done in house. But of a sh*t show to be honest.

Jay Love
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah thanks guys I’ll give a garage a ring then I’ll phone up the garage that did the brakes and see what they say. It’s a lookers Ford that did the job so they should be able to sort parts. I asked about there paint shop and they told me they had a guy up the road that did the painting for them so that’s not done in house. But of a sh*t show to be honest.

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

Sadly, more evidence to boost my morbid distrust of garage mechanics.

JohnD

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

You could always get the garage to get them repainted by someone like BCS-AUTOMOTIVE who come highly recommended.

Jay Love
    Participant

UK - England

I took your advice and phoned lookers Ford Sheffield and they can get the brakes in 5 working days. So I phoned the garage up and wasn’t able to speak to manager today as he was in a meeting. Told them my concerns about having bare callipers painted and told them it’s not really good enough as they probably won’t last as long as these with a factory finish. See what they say after Christmas. And @johnD I no. There is a couple of garages I would trust to do big jobs but brake pads should be bread and butter for a licensed dealership. See how we go. No one will ever care about a ‘car’ the way you care about your own tho so just have to roll with punches.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

If they’re changing out the Calipers tell them to leave your old ones in the new caliper boxes and place in your boot. You can then sell them on ebay for around £400 as needing a full refurb

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Feel your pain Jay. Like you say it should be an easy job for a Ford garage but they have let you down and sounds like they are lying. I’m with John aswel , I don’t think il ever take my car back to a Ford garage.

440bhp

443lbft

Jay Love
    Participant

UK - England

There changing the callipers on an exchange basis so they keep the callipers. Booked in on the 11th and they say they have come from the factory painted blue. I’ll have a look at them before there fitted on the car and see how it goes. Thanks for input guys. Stuff like this sounds petty but I think the manager understood so I’ll just hope for the best.

the-radman
    Participant

UK - England

good result then,hopefully the idiot that damaged them will take more care on the next persons car

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by the-radman.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Good news @Jay a great way to start the year. 👍

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New brake callipers due to Ford chipping mine. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!