New Engine Possibillities

Home Forums Performance Engine New Engine Possibillities

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • Author

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Lucky

I’d buy them just to put on the garage shelf for the future, if mine ever lets go 👍

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

The Wossner have a coating on the skirts which apparently allows better “slap” control/reduction, plus is 4032.   Which is why I snapped them up when they got advertised here for half price :).   They also have slightly lower compression ratio, might help LSPI ???  Then can run more boost I assume.

I’d still select oil grade based on what the bearings need not some attempt to control piston slap when it’s cold.  That’s the time you want the oil to get around the bearings so thicker isn’t going to help and is away from what Ford designed for the engine.   I’d rather get a better API rating than SN which our OEM Castrol 0-40 has.

OR, could just be over thinking it and slap any of the top brands in !!!

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@white-rs2

I’ll let you know when they’re out and make sure they are in worthy condition.

@9designs

It’s a tough decision between the mahle powerpak  and wossner pistons,  both are 4032. I’ll need to compare the little things when I get home and decide.

The mahle powerpak are 9:5:1 compression and cost £800. Wossner are 9:3:1 compression I think and cost about £900. I’m not very technical so no clue what half the figures mean 😂. I mean the extra 0.01mm on the piston bore size shouldn’t be an issue right?

I’ll probably stick to 10-60 oil since I’ve still got a few jugs.  I’m sure it’ll be OK to use on the next set up.

I’ll probably go with Manley turbo tuff rods if I buy these mahle or wossner pistons unless the garage say otherwise

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Just as a third option have a look at the Callies Compstar range (22.5), the same people that do the light weight crankshaft.

This is Litchfields shop but their are other resellers –

https://www.litchfieldmotors.com/shop/ford/focus/rs-mk3-2015-2018/2-3-ecoboost/engine-2-3-ecoboost/

The lower the compression ratio the more boost that will allow but if your not going past 2 bar standard compression is more than capable and makes for easier driving.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by white-rs2.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I guess the lower compression would be better if I was pushing 500+bhp?

Would the lower compression running 400bhp affect it much differently to the standard compression?

I’ll probably look to get a stage 2 map from sabre done so I think that map goes to 430 bhp is I remember right with other people’s. When I’ll get this done is unknown.

I’m working 2 mins drive from home now. Well getting the bus just now 😫. The last 5 months I was doing 1000 miles a month to get to work so if the map is the issue I assume it won’t do much damage like before since there was no issue for the first 2 years and 9 odd months before that job.

There goes a good chunk of my savings to fix this.

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

@lucky yes Im Still running mountune pistons and rods since being  mapped by sabre I’ve done 38,000 miles at well over 500hp with no issues

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Also found out the oil jet at the bottom of the cylinder is broken and the garage says it’s not something you can buy 🤷🏽‍♂️. So having to do some more digging there.

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

I’m on mahle pistons, I use Castrol edge Supercar

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

wiseco pistons and bridgeway rods in mine

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Mountune finally got back to me and gave me pistons and rods.. Don’t know where they got the pistons from since they were out of stock. They said they contacted their suppliers and got me a set of pistons within a day. Gave me a little discount which worked there abouts the same as buying the mahle / wossner pistons and Manley rods.

When I phoned and spoke to someone on the phone a day prior to them emailing me back they said they would have to order them in which would take 3-4 weeks 🤔🤔🤔.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

You can buy oil squirters, my engine was built from a new bare block… Everything ordered new from Ford, you need to find a good dealer with a good parts guy…. local guy to me is awesome, parts have to be picked up tho so no point having his details.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Thanks.

JW Racing got back to me this morning and they sell them. They’ve now listed it on their site.

https://j-w-racing.co.uk/product.php/12901/5823/genuine_ford_piston_cooling_nozzle_focus_rs_mk3

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Looks like mountune have missold me pistons. They didn’t confirm the pistons were 4032 grade but a couple of times I said I wanted the 4032 and I would only buy them if they are 4032.

Got the pistons and looks like they’re 2618 grade. So quite peed off.

The box and pistons say 197755345 on them which going with mahle powerpak picture and everyone else’s website say these are 2618.

Mountune are trying to say these are what they sell and are the same ones they use on their BTCC cars. Their website says 4032 graded alloys so they either have no clue what they are selling or they are trying to make a profit on a sale and talk pee.

They also said that they get their own spec from mahle which we all know .. But from what I gathered from speaking to mahle they go by part number.  so Mountune would have their own part number for their spec and should not be the same as mahle stock numbers . You can’t find mountunes old mahle pistons part number on mahle site.

Awaiting their response since midday

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

They’ve now removed 4032 grade alloy from the description 😂.. Clearly didn’t know what they were selling.

They’ve just removed 4032 but not amended the rest of the description.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New Engine Possibillities. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!