New Focus RS

Home Forums General Newbie New Focus RS

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Those rear window decals , i wonder if DMB GRAPHICS do them , I will have a gander šŸ‘šŸ‘

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Yes they do Ā£18.50 from dmb graphics. Think Iā€™ll order some look good šŸ‘šŸ‘

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

I saw someone mention they brought and sold a NB within 4 months recently due to price increases. 2+2=5 šŸ™‚

rob_gtr
    Participant

UK - England

Rear window decals were from DMB graphics.
    My spare RS wheels and winter tyres were bought by the owner of DMB also

alanw1964
    Participant

UK - England

hi Rob.Thanks for the info and sorry ive not been backĀ  on the site for a few weeks.Paint work stone chips were touched up and ive not noticed any issues with the window rubbers.I noted your comment about the issues you had with the car and would be interrested to know what they were if you would maybe pm me with them?

Regards Alan.

rob_gtr
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Alan

I’m unable to private message you for some reason?

the chips were touched up by myself prior to part exchanging. I still have the touch up for it.
    assume thereā€™s still a chip in the windscreen?
    you’ll notice the headlights are far superior to most other cars, I have spare replacement bulbs for those also.
    the clutch failed on me 3 times and due to that ended up on a low loader and has had a new master cylinder.
    thereā€™s a Mountune short shift linkage fitted.
    It has the Mountune FPM375 kit fitted, the engine cover should be removed but it will be fitted now.
    I ran dreamscience map for 3 years as the FPM375 was a bit dull but voided warranty.
    there was a defect in the radiator which caused it to gain a major leak, ultimately causing a partial engine seizure. By this point Iā€™d had enough so drove the car about 4 miles with no water in hoping it would fail properly and require a new engine, again on a low loader, unfortunately they ā€œrepairedā€ it. I argued for months that it should have a new engine due to the damage caused, it sounded dreadful and just stopped and seized on its own but Ford said itā€™s fine.
    the Mountune mudflaps Ā were fitted by myself as were the Union Jack decals that came from DMB.

I had a separate set of RS wheels that I had winter tyres fitted on which I swapped each year, I sold these separately.

I owned the car for just shy of 4 years, it was ok but I donā€™t regret getting rid.

anything I can help with or any questions you have give me a shout.

I hope it serves you well.

I assume no longer on standard plates?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Think I would be having that stomach churning feeling with all that info.

Coastliner

rob_gtr
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner

you would think so and would expect a reply but nothing.
    typical person bought a RS knowing naff all about them.
    i couldā€™ve passed on the spare bulbs, touch up kits x2, fog light protectors, original gear linkage and a few other bits but obviously zero interest

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

I would say Alan is still feel sick after learning all that šŸ¤®

rob_gtr
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry to resurrect this threadā€¦.

does anyone know how to get in touch with the owner Alan? Iā€™m getting post from Ford UK regarding his car / my old car that may be of interest to him.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@rob, Alan hasnā€™t been on here since 23rd May 2022!

Honorary Member

the-radman
    Participant

UK - England

he probably sold it on the next day after reading this lot lol

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

ā€˜Post from Ford UKā€™ā€¦. šŸ¤”

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK Ā ā€“ Mountune full Induction ā€“ delete valve plug ā€“ carbon knob ā€“ JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm ā€“ black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS ā€“ TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New Focus RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!