New front pads squealing?

Home Forums Performance Brakes New front pads squealing?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Matthewb1993
    Participant

United Kingdom

Quick one guys. Had my front pads and discs changed with OEM replacements and they are squealing a bit. Only for the last part of a stop. So braking from 60 they wont make a sound until the last 5mph and then they squeal to a stop. Is this normal until they are bedded in or has the dealer not installed these right?

cheers!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

They need gentle braking in then they’ll be ok?

Honorary Member

Matthewb1993
    Participant

United Kingdom

Great! Thought the dealer maybe left the anti-squeal pad backs off or didn’t grease. If they just need ran in thats grand!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

give them 50 miles and if they are still doing it try a few hard and fast stops from 70, I got mine smoking once at a 1000 miles and they have not made a sound since.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Matthewb1993
    Participant

United Kingdom

To be honest I have done about 100 miles now and have already tried a few fast stops. Still happening. ?

walker-steve77
    Participant

UK - England

Copper grease is the cure

Nitrous Blue, Lux Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Black Forged Alloys & Door Edge Protectors

Stage 1 + many extras

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Im talking looooooong haaaaaaaaarrrrrrdd stopppppppppps !! mine were smoking like a teenage vape addict trying to impress folk with clouds of shmoke !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Matthewb1993
    Participant

United Kingdom

Does anyone know if the antisqueal pads on the RS pads are seperate or bonded on from factory – just trying to work out if they have left them off.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I thought the backs of the pads had an integral anti squeal surface? Maybe take em out and slightly chamfer the leading edge and maybe the inner and outer edge a smidgen.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New front pads squealing?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!