New honda typeR threat level high or low+

Home Forums General Non RS Chat New honda typeR threat level high or low+

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi what do we all thinking new Honda civic typeR threat level will be went and had a look well got to say in the flesh well impressed went for test ride only felt well balanced but bit quiet refined plenty people were booked for test drives

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Not for me looks like a car built by Leggo…….

Honorary Member

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Too much like a cartoon for me although get it is a good car,  the reviews I have watched on you tube VS the RS the FRS is the winner

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Might hold its own in a straight line but I’m sure it would fall down on the twisty bits.

So NO no threat 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

It will be quicker around a track, will be more reliable and more refined and better spec’d ….. it also looks shite and will depreciation like hell and be replaced with a new model next year, then the year after and on.   Take your pick 😉

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

jasoni
    Participant

UK - England

Put some typical british weather in the mix and the honda will be scrabbling for grip.

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

Front wheel drive = no thanks.

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The wheels look ok, but the triple exhaust looks a tad odd

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Not to my taste, and would not feature in the same league for consideration IMHO.  Looks too ‘Transformer’ to me.  Compare the Focus RS to the Golf R and Scooby STi all day long if you want, but I’d pitch the Honda more against the fast Renault’s etc.

Have seen the new Type R up close, and hooning around at Knockhill….gets along nicely, but it’s no RS.  Suppose it’s all down to what the assessment criteria is.  The whole RS ‘thing’  (thing = performance + looks + kudos + usability + owning a car that sits you within a strong like-minded community) takes some beating as far as I’m concerned.

Not knocking its ability or Pedigree mind.  If the R is your bag I’m sure it would bring smiles.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

cosmic-charlie
    Participant

USA

Like the RS I have waited for ever for Honda to bring the Type R to the USA. It finally comes and it looks like it was designed by a 5 year old. Good drivetrain, suspension, brakes and everything else but it plain looks ridiculous. If it looked anything like my other Honda (above) I would have been all over it.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Someone earlier summed it up perfectly it looks like a Transformer. Not sure if it’s car to robot or robot to car  ???

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

Transformers vs Daf Vador that’s an interesting one ? fantastic comments so far keep them coming ?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Top secret spy shot of the next generation Honda type R racing

Photograph

Honorary Member

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one bobcat he he he as mutlly would go ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New honda typeR threat level high or low+. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!