Home Forums General Newbie New member

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Shearsy
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Everyone

Im a new member in Rochdale. I only realised that this club was around after I googled info on uprated security for my RS. I had mine stolen yesterday evening. My house cameras recorded it all. It took 50 seconds to get in and drive off.

The good news is that it had a tracker fitted and we found where it was, and a number of us drove round to get it. Ive purchased a steering wheel lock and thinking of a good security system (and a base ball bat) – any recommendations would be welcome.

Thanks

Rob

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Hi robert

welcome to the club

glad you got your baby back from the scumbags that stole her

the best security system is the ghost system embedded in your

ecu you have to input a selection of button actions before the car will start so with your tracker wheel lock and ghost you will be 90% safe

happy Rs ing

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Agree with Sennaboy, ghost is the way to go as it invisible, no extra buttons or indication its fitted.

easy to use as well.

hope times get better now you have the rs back

info on security in club shop

enjoy….

May the Ford be with you

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Pleased you got your RS back Robert. Yes I have a range of security extras on mine, Ghost seems a good measure along with the steering wheel lock. The scum will always try and have a go. I had the same issue with my Cosworth, a rolling code immobiliser in those days was the answer along with a steeringĀ  wheel lock.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Robert, agree with all the above Ghost is a must have ?

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

welcome and well done getting it back, watch out they are probably likely to have another go though? I would have been SO tempted to plot up nearby with a team of mates in wait for the scum to return and then batter the fook out of them, I think eye for an eye etc or the islamic way, chop off thieves hands, so maybe at least broken fingers and hands would give them something to think about for 8 weeks while in recovery ! Utter scum the lot of them.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RS Lurker
    Blocked

UK - England

Sorry to hear that, mate. Make sure you get a baseball and a baseball glove (owning a small child helps)………..if you hit someone with a bat, make it a good one, and only do it once. You’re more likely to get away with it when you get arrested. ?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Was it a keyless entry theft?

Shearsy
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Ive now got a disklok and having the ghost immobiliser system fitted on Wedneasday.

The whole event was recored by my house cameras and its got thousands of views on face book.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

yes, as howsey says, ooh I mean Lurker, to cover yourself if the babylon give you a tug and find you have a baseball bat or slugger, always have a ball and that big glove in the car too, and if you are a real pro, get a few photos of members of the family and you playing/hitting the ball etc on your phone ! I have a nice sample of THICK armoured 4 core cable in my car.. just incaseĀ  a mate needs a length if you get me!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New member. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!