New Member Central Scotland

Home Forums General Newbie New Member Central Scotland

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

thommo141
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi mudslinger I had the other 182 trophy in Falkirk and this is a crazy coincidence, I’ve got the Rs on order it’s coming 11th Feb. Crazy that we have had same car and now on to the Rs.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Welcome! Good to another another Central Scotland member on board. (I’m from Ayrshire)

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I’m flip side of the coin, I saw blue and white together, originally going for B.G.V Blue, but swapped to T.V White instead !! Enjoy it Mudslinger!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

mudslinger
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Picked the car up today , and man  i just cant keep the smile of my face , i honestly was a bit worried about some of the stuff ive been reading on here and i have not experienced any negatives apart from maybe the turning circle but its not any worse than my clio was . fuel filler cover seems fine , no pulling or torque steer that i noticed , seating position seems fine for me, no probs here ,its been an absolute joy from the minute i sat my arse in it  🙂 i honestly could have drove about all night , didnt want to park it up … i also went and met up with some of the RS owners at a meet they have on the first friday of the month in my home town ,so would’ve been rude not to , had a good laugh with Stevie Hinks  and a few other lads that i new .

I have probably done about 80 miles and loved every single minute of it , these cars are just awesome !!!

mudslinger
    Participant

UK - Scotland

LOL Grant Thomson ,  i think i only ever seen your Trophy once , did you have a Trophy number plate , mines was T26PHY , and i always had peeps saying they had seen me here and there an i was like no me . an all the time its been you lol

how ironic that you have got rid of the trophy and bought a Focus , that is so uncanny mate .

I sold the trophy last week  i posted on the trophy facebook page i was considering selling it and after over 20 calls ,a guy came from Birmingham came to buy it  sold it for £7500 and then 2 days later i see it listed on PH’s by a dealer for £9k  , a was like wtf …  great we cars but doesnt even come close to the Focus its just a whole new level ..

thommo141
    Participant

UK - Scotland

No I never had a trophy no. Plate mate. I had seen your car twice over the years once at old town in gmouth and once at roundabout near mcds. I know it’s mad that we’ve both got them. And there both gonna be blue. I had my trophy for 3 years and I got the newer 200 but not the flappy paddle one. And I wish I had kept the trophy a bit longer. But aww well bigger better things with the Rs now. Your right Rs is on a whole different level. Where about do the guys have the meet with the Rs’s ?

mudslinger
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Its at the Car Museum in Bo’ness  @ 8pm the first Friday of  every month 😉

thommo141
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Aww great, I’ll need to come when I get mine. Were you there yesterday?

mudslinger
    Participant

UK - Scotland

yeah i went along , Stevie from peoples was there and a few other guys i new .

Thats me had the car a weekend and i have to say its brilliant i absolutely love it  🙂

So far i have bought 2 Private plates RS03 RBO & RS03 MUD (changed my mind and got a refund for the first 1 like the MUD 1 better),seat covers ,the recaro trims that sit on the base of the seats ,key Fob cover in nitros blue , and some gel badges for the spoiler oh and a ford rs lanyard  to keep the fob safe …

I also plan on getting a full detail  incl  silicone protection on the car next week  , im defo going to be skint for the next few months thats for sure..

thommo141
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Awesome man :). The mud one sounds good mate. I’ll need to come one time when I get mine, I’ve got the key cover and the gel inlays too. Where did you get the recaro base trims from mate ?

mudslinger
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cheers  Grant , i got them from ebay , went for the carbon with the light blue recaro  ,and  i went for the carbon gel inlay for the spoiler, didnt  know if i should get the the gloss black or not so i flipped a coin 🙂

thommo141
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Aww that’s sounds smart what was it under on eBay ? I’ll have a look at them, I’ve seen a couple pics of them they look smart. Is the trims plain or carbon?

mudslinger
    Participant

UK - Scotland

thommo141
    Participant

UK - Scotland

thanks mate I will have a look 🙂

mudslinger
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Loving my new reg plate

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New Member Central Scotland. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!