New Mountune Upgrade. £899.

Home Forums Performance General New Mountune Upgrade. £899.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

tajdhanda1993
    Participant

United Kingdom

Going to get mine done after the Milltek but have the other Mountune parts placed on also!

bronzehawk
    Participant

United Kingdom

The 380 upgrade comes with the m-tune device.. looks pretty cool..

Am sure can be reverted back to stock? and might be able to ‘hide’ the upgrades ?

Also re: warranty all depends on the dealer/customer relationship.

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

See my post on “Caution for people considering performance upgrades” as might highlight a problem for those already changed certain parts

2018 RS Edition

jamiefastford
    Participant

United Kingdom

Just had the M380 fitted and it is awesome! I also drove the mountune demo with their rear exhaust (which is now next-up on my shopping list!)

The extra cash for m380 not only gets an extra 20nm of torque over the FPM375 kit (which you do notice, especially when launching from low speeds) it also gets you an Mtune device (handy for swapping maps – there’s different ones for exhaust, no pops and bangs for track use, an immobiliser, etc) and a Suppression Chamber to prevent the dreaded whistle.

I don’t want to give too much away on here (obviously I want people to buy the mag to find out about it! lol!) but I don’t think anyone will be disappointed with the kit! 🙂

Full report coming in a future issue of Fast Ford…

Fast Ford magazine

fastford.ed@kelsey.co.uk

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Thanks for the post Jamie sounds like a great package. Can you email me details when the magazine is out etc please kenny@mk3focusrs.club

jamiefastford
    Participant

United Kingdom

Will do Kenny.

First one with the test drive of mountune’s demo car is due out on 9th September 🙂

Fast Ford magazine

fastford.ed@kelsey.co.uk

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Has anyone any knowledge of the Topic I posted where Ford ‘reckoned’ that the 370 package came with all the bits and where I only need the hand held device they didn’t know if I could just get the ‘map’ on its own? As if this is true people should t start fitting the upgrades and just get them as part of the M370 kit?

2018 RS Edition

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

To Kenny,

I am based in North Yorkshire near Scarborough.

Coastliner

Darren Bishop
    Participant

United Kingdom

Am I the only one that is a bit disappointed with the Mountune kit delivering less than a 10% uplift in power?  Is it because the engine is highly strung already so there is little left to safely gain? Is the drivetrain not able to safely cope with much more power? Is Mountune’s figures conservative?

Any thoughts?

Dave Moore
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi guys,

Just to (hopefully) answer a few of the questions on this thread.

The FPM375 upgrade will be available to be installed (hopefully later this month) at any of the mountune Ford UK dealers on our dealer locator (https://www.mountunestore.com/apps/store-locator). This kit does not include an mTune handset, the calibration is installed via Ford’s ETIS system.

If you already have the required hardware you’ll be able to get the calibration only for £445 inc. VAT.

There will also be an mTune available to compliment those that opt for the FPM375 upgrade which also adds our exhaust optimisation, track mode (no pops / bangs), anti-theft and our normal mTune features. It will not revert to the standard calibration in order to maintain warranty traceability.

M380 is available now, is installed via mTune and offers an additional 5PS and 20Nm over the FPM375. There are numerous reasons for this differentiation in power, but rest assured nobody else out there has been pushing the unique 2.3-litre EcoBoost found in the RS for longer than us (other than our friends at Ford themselves) and there’s a finite point that we’re stopping at due to the experience we’ve shared working with Ford and also, from our own durability work.

If I can help clarify anything else about either kit, shout and I’ll do my best to give you the correct info.

Thanks,

Dave
    mountune GM

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the info! I’m REALLY REALLY pleased to hear that if you’ve bought the additional hardware then you can get the remap only for £445, great news! Can’t wait to get it booked in and fitted now! Thanks again ?

2018 RS Edition

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Thanks for the details Dave

MR G
    Participant

UK - England

Brilliant stuff, got to say I’m tempted!

Undoubtably we will be fitting a few of these at my dealership!

scottkilt7
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Ford contacted me about the kit and they have stated it will no void my warranty? Mine is booked in at Ford Stirling on 9th September to get it fitted.

Richie75
    Participant

United Kingdom

so im planning for the axle exhaust and the FPM375 upgrade.

with the engine calibration,will this give me the same exhaust pops and bangs as if i was to have the M380 kit?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New Mountune Upgrade. £899.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!