New owner and not happy

Home Forums General Newbie New owner and not happy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author

ghand
    Participant

UK - England

Just bought my RS from a local Ford dealer and after a few days getting used to it I open it up to find it weaving from side to side, what the hell have I bought. It’s back to the dealer on Tuesday for checks. I tried several times to get the car to do it again and it was fine so that’s just great it’s an intermittent fault just waiting to catch you out which also means the garage will find nothing wrong I suspect unless it does it for them, one thing is for sure I won’t be driving a £26000 car that’s not fit for purpose and I can’t believe others do ? My take is the fault is some kind of occilation in a control loop within the software throwing the power about ? That’s what it felt like. Maybe I should park it up next to all them Boing 737s ?

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Gordon to the world of veering steering,search the forum if you have a few hours to spare. Turning PDC (pull drift compensation ) helps a bit .

Former RS Edition owner

ghand
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers, a few hours reading oh no ?

Ill pour a glass of scotch and settle down for the long read tonight ?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome, go to RS chat 4th page in and have a read.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

The car is also tyre pressure sensitive make sure the fronts are 41 psi and the rears 38 psi. If the problem is still there get the garage to turn off PDC

Honorary Member

Nelly Rs
    Participant

United Kingdom

My Edition does it too even with the quaife diff fitted !!

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome….  you may have found why it was traded in !!!!   Most here have lived through it, I believe you have to do all or most of the following to get the best chance of improving it, probably in this order.

1. Tyres pressures

2. Hunter 4 wheel alignment.

3. Have PDC turned off.

4. Steering rack aligned/centralised.

5. Be smooth and progressive with the power.

If you start increasing the power/torque it starts to show up again.   I don’t think it can ever be trusted not happen on the odd occasion, you just learn to deal with it, personally I tried not to snatch it back as it seem to then react against you, just feather the throttle and guide it back.   I only get it when I hit the final stage of boost on certain road surfaces.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

ghand
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the replays ?It’s bad that a top of the range expensive high performance car can’t be trusted to be driven hard. I’ll get the garage to turn off the PDC and see how it goes. Sounds like a bit of a botch turning something off that was put on for a reason but if it stops that mad veering all over the road suppose it has to be done. Ford should recall the lot and up grade the software with a fix.

ghand
    Participant

UK - England

Replies even ?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Welcome Gordon

Judging by how happy you are with your car on your first post, you will be fine as long as you do not :

Look at the mental rate of corrosion under the car

Think about your car having a replacement head gasket after a handful of miles

Ever remove the engine under tray which catches all possible oil leaks from the head gasket replacement

Ever listen for the clunk from your front mounts / steering rack

look under the little flap thingy to discover early signs rust

Number of launches the previous owner done on your clutch

and so on…..

Allot of us on here paid over 30k for the pleasure… But what you do have is one hell of a car for the money, Small amount of tinkering / fixing and enjoy it ?

ghand
    Participant

UK - England

pmsl ?

Or should I be crying ? actually for a jumped up family hatch it goes very well ? Just need to put it side by side with my vx220 to see which is faster on that private road.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Gordon Hand

I think AndyThornton missed the important part out “TURNED OFF” and it’s only done at a Ford dealer.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

ghand
    Participant

UK - England

It’s booked in on Tuesday ?

Now what’s all this about corrosion ? Modern cars don’t suffer from corrosion? Do they ? I thought corrosion stopped with Lancia back in the day ?

If I can see one jot of corrosion then it’s back in under warranty. I’ll ask them to check.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@ghand

Evening mate!!     Just read your 1st post..??

Congratulations on buying a F**KEN AWESOME MOTOR!! ??. (IF YOU ACTUALLY HAVE)

I’m just gonna quote yi pal…….

“TOP OF THE RANGE” “

“Just bought my RS, what the hell have I bought”

“actually for a jumped up family hatch it goes very well”

“After a few days I opened it up”….

Now that’s just some of your quotes mate!!

If I’ve read too much into it then I apologise……..

Get your PDC turned off at your local dealership and just enjoy the Mk3 RS mate!! Yeah….. it should’ve probably been a default option, but it wasn’t!! Take all the GOOD THINGS from the driving experience and crack on mate!! YOU will love it pal…. are you a FORD FAN??

Or are you actually ?????????

BELL END springs to mind mate!!!

Haha…. guessing you just love the reaction !!

If you have an RS then fine, but you obviously haven’t Pal …….. SO GET TAE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

och nooo Marc !! I’ve just picked myself up off the floor after reading your reply !! Don’t hold back pal ! 😎

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New owner and not happy. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!