New plates and holders

Home Forums Styling Exterior Styling New plates and holders

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author

buz
    Participant

UK - England

https://mk3focusrs.club/wp-content/uploads/forum_uploads/132607/nm2revdhl347onwn8lmcu7l5pjscetjs.jpg
    I saw an ad for some 4D plates and they caught my eye so I ordered some along with some new holders. Got around to fitting them today and happy with how they look, subtle but noticeable.

2017 Nitrous Blue RS with every option except shell seats – no blue bolsters for me though.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@buz, nice looking plates. Ordered some number plate holders today ?

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Arrived today, really pleased.

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat

Are they from Ford Dealer or online?

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner, no I ordered them from a Ford Garage, just had to wait for them to call me to collect. I went for the chrome finish ones because I think they would look better on a Black car. The Black ones would probably/could look better on the Nitrous Blue ?

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat

I might have a look at those. Thanks.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

?

Honorary Member

buz
    Participant

UK - England

Glad you’re pleased with them Bobcat and I agree the silver will look good against the black paint.
    I ordered mine along with front rubber floor mats from Rates Ford on eBay and they arrived the next day.

2017 Nitrous Blue RS with every option except shell seats – no blue bolsters for me though.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@buz, I think those Black ones you’ve got look good on Blue. I thought I wasn’t going to keep my plate holders when the guys spotted them they wanted to buy them off me. The parts guy said he had to order 3 more sets ???

Honorary Member

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Ive bought 1 set in black and the other set in silver from rates e-bay store ,silver for the front and black for the back as i thought the black would look rubbish on the front ,will order some plates this week and post some pics .

Former RS Edition owner

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

Lads, I reckon I’ll fit some of these plate holders over the winter, which tape do you guys recommend for fixing them on?

Bobcat, andy thornton, – Have you had chance to get these fitted yet? Any photo’s?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@overRev, yes fitted and personally I think they are fab. Didn’t use tape, for the fronts I used the same screws and for the rear new slightly longer ones. Will try and get some pics tomorrow ?

Honorary Member

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by bobcat.

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers bobcat, look forward to the pics.

What did you use to fix them on with mate.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

The fronts I just reused the Philip screws supplied by the dealership and for the rear I got torx m8 bolts

Honorary Member

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

Ok, thanks for that bobcat.

Presently, my front plate is taped on, and the rear screwed, I am definitely looking to use tape on the front when I get a set of these holders, hopefully tape will be strong enough.

These are the fixings that currently hold my stock rear plate on, my fixing holes line up with the letters so these black ones work well, and have stayed in good condition.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New plates and holders. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!