New rs

Home Forums General Newbie New rs

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

davev
    Participant

UK - England

hi all I’m new to site looking for  a rs any guidance on which seats to go for

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Suggest you try both as its a personal choice, I prefer the standard seats, for me they are the most comfortable.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@davev

Hello and Welcome to the Club mate!! I have to highly recommend the Shell Seats!! They look the business and are extremely comfortable on long journeys. Only downside is the Shells don’t have height adjustment so if you’re tall you may find you sit a bit high. I’m just under 6 foot and for me they’re fine. There are kits available to lower the Shells if required. As above, have sit in both and see how it feels.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@davev, agree with both, ha ha ha seriously try both I’d love to have shell seats but a bad back for me it’s standard ones. The standard seats have more bum support ?

Honorary Member

davev
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks all for reply

WAWRS.
    Participant

UK - Wales

I got the normal seats because I like heated.  The shells are better looking tho

Had a Frozen White RS

Then a

Red Edition RS  

Went away to sample others before realising where my heart lies

Now have a

Nitrous Blue Edition RS 💙 

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

I have shell seats although I prefer the look of them I recently did a 2000 trip and god I was achy ?

jh1
    Participant

UK - England

Both are great – Comfy seats for me (age n bad back)

But

I do tend to turn a little green at rs’s with shell seats fitted.

It is a personal preference based on style / looks / squish and dreams.

The good thing is there’s no bad thing ?

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

STD seats for me.

Fully forged running M400x

buz
    Participant

UK - England

If a daily or regular car then std heated, if a garage queen/toy then shells.

2017 Nitrous Blue RS with every option except shell seats – no blue bolsters for me though.

davev
    Participant

UK - England

Hi guys I’ve read adverts stating had a new engine is this something I should be concerned about

the for your advice guys  wanna get the right car

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Standard seats as we don’t have the buckets seats here in the States as an option… we can always get it though.

if you are referring to the head gasket issue…. the dealer should fix that up. That was on the earlier release, not on the newer ones.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New rs. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!