New RS Owner

Home Forums General Newbie New RS Owner

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Will Bowles
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all,

I picked up my RS on Christmas Eve, early Christmas present for myself. Upgraded from an ST-3. The RS is a mid 2018 model with every extra box ticked and 2400 miles on the clock, virtually a brand new car.

So far I’m loving it although I have just ordered the lower seat rail kit as I’m over 6ft tall, you do sit rather high in the shell seats.

Catch up soon.

Cheers,

Will

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@willb Welcome to the Club mate!! Now that’s a cracking Xmas present!! Nice one!! Enjoy.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Will, congratulations enjoy and happy RS’ing. Q’ have you got Ghost System fitted?

Honorary Member

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and a warm welcome Will. The blue is fantastic in the sun looks really special. Looks like you have got yourself a nice RS from the photo. Do get some extra security on it ASAP.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Have to agree with Red Leicester the blue really pops in the sunshine.and welcome to the club.

Your car has the modified Ford lowered (15mm) seats frames already ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry predictive text Red Leader ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Will Bowles
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the replies everyone. Is the Ghost system to stop your key being cloned? That’s what I just read anyway!

I didn’t realise the newer RS’ already had a lower seating position. I’m now thinking the seat rail kit may not be worth it as the seat will only drop a little more…

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@willb

If you think the seat position is a bit too high then get yourself the 55mm drop frames, that’ll make a huge difference mate!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@will, yes the Ghost System is an additional immobilisation System you have to key a code into the ignition before you drive off. It’s a must have security

Honorary Member

warehou
    Participant

Australia

Enjoy Will

..it is a stimulant for the senses!

rog
    Participant

UK - England

JCR kit dropped original seat set up by 55mm max. If you have ford’s modified seat drop, it’s lower than original set up by 15mn. If you use JCR kit you’ll be able to get down another 40mm from your current height. I lowered my seats with JCR kit, even though I had the ford modified version.  The position of JCR at lowest works great for me, I’m 6’4’’.

Nice car 🙂

rog
    Participant

UK - England

JCR kit dropped original seat set up by 55mm max. If you have ford’s modified seat drop, it’s lower than original set up by 15mm.

If you use JCR kit you’ll be able to get down another 40mm from your current height.

I lowered my seats with JCR kit, even though I had the ford modified version.

The position of JCR at lowest works great for me, I’m 6’4’’.

Nice car 🙂

Brent
    Participant

UK - England

Nice car another for team blue

welcome

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New RS Owner. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!