NEW STEERING WHEEL :)

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling NEW STEERING WHEEL :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Deanmk3rs
    Participant

UK - England

Just got this installed on my Focus RS not long ago, some will like, some will not!

still waiting for my new gear knob from SS Tuning (been waiting 5weeks+)

let me know what you think guys

Focus RS Steering Wheel

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Are those shift lights along the top? Where did you get that from?

Please tell me you were not doing 73mph on a public road while snapping a picture? πŸ˜πŸ€”πŸ€

Also your fuel gauge appears to be brokenπŸ€”

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Admit to nothing Dean. Just tell Tone the phone was in your shirt pocket and went off accidently!.

I like it by the way but id prefer to have the RS badge.

I think ive seen these for sale on AliExpress. What does it tell you other than RPM Dean?.

Deanmk3rs
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo-tone I was not doing 73mph on a public road while snapping a picture, I bought a shirt as I liked the colour, just found out it was a tad pricey as it has a HD camera and takes pictures πŸ˜‰

yes they are shift lights, they are also fully adjustable in terms of colour changes and where you’d like the lights to flash depending on where you are in your rev range. I bought the steering from JM Imports and they fitted it also for me.

is my fuel gauge really broken?

@DaveRS3
    It actually came with an RS badge on but they thought I asked for nitrous blue when I asked for Focus RS OEM Blue so I just took it off, the guys have sent me a new one which is soon to be with me. I actually realised before getting my wheel changed over on the original wheel the RS is like a ridged sticker. I have seen on AliExpress also but I decided to buy from a company so that if I didn’t work I didn’t want the hassle of going back and fourth with someone on the other side of the world. Also the steering wheel displays your water temp, oil temp, lap timer, 1/4 timer, voltage, boost I think they are more I will make a video and try to share with you.

When you indicate left and right they flash accordingly, when hazards are on they flash, when turning the wheel left, the left side lights will turn on the more the wheel turns the more lighting on the left and same for the the opposite side. The RS badge DEFFO makes the steering wheel 10x better, it really annoyed me at the beginning but now It’s ok but it should arrive sometime soon.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

@Dean, make sure you look after that shirt!

Sa for the fuel gauge it must be broken. Never seen one at that end of the scale

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Deanmk3rs
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo-tone haha will do mate!

Thanks for letting me know I will have it looked at soon, thats really weird because I had a grey mk3 focus rs before my nitrous blue one and I remember it being the same

martin-pedersen
    Participant

Denmark

I have the same steering wheel. Just with blue stiching. Blue frames. And high gloss carbon.
    Nice steering wheel. All thought it takes up the OBD socket…

Deanmk3rs
    Participant

UK - England

@Martin Pedersen yes it takes up an OBD socket but they plugged another so I can still use the OBD function

It’s just preference really but the gloss carbon is also nice as I saw one before

Overall adds a nice touch πŸ™‚

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Not my scene but each to his own.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Got any vids of it in action?

440bhp

443lbft

Deanmk3rs
    Participant

UK - England

@Matt. B I can send you a video mate if you have instagram, snapchat. whichever you prefer

my instagram is db.1108

my snapchat is waveydeee

martin-pedersen
    Participant

Denmark

The video is not that good, colours are mutch better IRL.

And you can chance colours, and when to flash. I have red LEDs only.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Well I watched it, but its not an easy watch, these guys must be on drugs camera all over the place and they speak a language I struggle to understand.

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hopefully prescription drugs.

Coastliner

Deanmk3rs
    Participant

UK - England

yeah that video is pants you can hardly see the colour led’s lol

I have short videos on my phone that I can’t upload here as its bigger than 2mb but if anyone wants to see it feel free to ask on snapchat or instagram will be happy to send over footage πŸ™‚

overall I find the little display on the steering really helpful if your monitoring certain things like temp, oil, etc

Some people will love this steering some will hate lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to NEW STEERING WHEEL :). If you're not already a member then you can register for free!