New sync 3 update

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment New sync 3 update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Anyone else done the most recent sync 3 update. Takes the build from 18.. something or other to 19205? Did mine today. I was disappointed at first as when the unit had shut down and restarted and applied the update the start up logo wasnt the RS logo it was the ford badge ☹. The time was wrong and the emergency assist logo in the menus and changed to 911 assist ??‍♂️. Then went to reverse and found the unit had crashed, no camera display. Did a master reset and all is well again. Nice RS logo on start up, assist logo back to normal etc. Software ….???

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

I checked the site and the update is available.

I have not loaded it yet as I am at work.

Maybe this weekend.

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Got a link to the download?

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Does the download provide the latest maps too? Cheers

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Takes all of 15 minutes to complete the latest download so no long wait!

ste1806
    Participant

UK - England

@V8griff  The Maps are a separate download, the latest are F8.

If you go here and enter your vin you will get the updates you need.

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

major_sarcasm
    Participant

UK - England

Anyone got a changelog for the latest version?

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

As ste1806  said, beat me to it with the link lol.

Major, I got one but took me two goes for it to store. It store it in the sync my ride folder

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Update done on mine today, now showing 19205 but did it via the automatic update via home WiFi. Ford say 2.8 gb update avail for car but shall wait couple of days and check again to see if it worked. If not will transfer to usb and do it.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Like Stuart mine automatically updated it’s self today and FMC website still showing update available.

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Updated mine today, all completed successfully.

What has changed though, can’t see any differences at all??

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

I couldn’t see any change either. Probably bug fixes, only time will tell if it’s any better.

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Mine used to drop off the bluetooth while chatting on hands free after the previous update, which it didnt do prior, so hopefully that’s been sorted ??‍♂️

nathr
    Participant

UK - England

I haven’t had my RS long (18 reg with Sync 3) but I’m not having any luck checking for updates…

If I enter my chassis number on the Ford Sync update site all I get is an error  ‘Please try again later’, I’ve tried this a fair few times over the last 3-4 weeks, same outcome.

If I try in the car over my home WiFi it thinks about it for a couple of seconds then the progress message box just disappears, the date last checked never updates, it’s currently from about 4 months ago.

Is this normal?

Also finding CarPlay very temperamental.

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

From what I can gather you only get the .xml file to upload to the Ford website IF its a Sync update.  If its just a  maps update then there is no file generated back onto the USB stick.  At least thats what I read after trying a few times to generate said xml file.

Edit:  I’ve found the way to inform Ford you’ve updated the maps (without the need for the .xml file) its simply to check for a Sync update via the headunit when connected to WiFi after you’ve updated the maps.  After the website telling me there was still a map update outstanding – I went out to the car and checked for updates via the headunit and then went back to the Ford website and it said all my maps were up to date – so I’ve learnt something new today!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by rs-jon.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New sync 3 update. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!