New sync 3 update

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment New sync 3 update

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

major_sarcasm
    Participant

UK - England

Did my update and it seemed to break voice recognition for choosing albums/songs from my USB stick. Had to factory reset and delete the media database to get it working again.

Just a heads up for anyone who’s suffering the same issue.

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve just completed the Sync 3.4 update – just need a friend to run UCDS on it to complete the installation.  Already its 100 times better than Sync 3.0 – its sharper, quicker and climate has appeared on it too.  So far I’m more than impressed.

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Rs-Jon , where did u get sync 3.4 from, updated mine via UK ford sync update and is now showing version 3.0 build 19205 maps version F8

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Just got round to updating to build 19205 from 18xxx v3.0 via ford owners account.
    had to download the zip file twice as wouldn’t update initially. Had pkg error appear on screen but then suddenly updated in around 20 mins

Done the same with my Ecosport and that changed from v3.0 to v3.2 and took around 40 mins

in the process of downloading map update which I presume is f8 from f7

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

nitemare
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Note … Software Version 20045 is now the latest for Sync 3.0 units

2017.5 RS MG MSD Multimap 350/380/420

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

It’s annoying that Ford don’t release notes with these updates. Did anyone manage to sort the issue with the logo?

amanaman5
    Participant

UK - England

Proper thick question….but are these updates done via WiFi or a bit more to it than that??

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

@Kevin26 – the WiFi doesn’t seem to work for me. Safer with a USB pen as it takes a while to do even without the download (which is over 2GB itself).

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I finally done the update, after 3 attempts kept coming up with an error, now need to find/buy a usb stick big enough for the maps …..23.3gb !!!

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

Thinking about doing these updates whilst we’re locked down… do you need to have the engine running, or can you just do it on ignition?

Nitrous Blue FPM375, Milltek, DSC & TracTive, lots of Mountune bits

Lotus104
    Participant

Sweden

I did the last update on mine with only ignition on and it works.

But I would really recommend to connect a intelligent charger with around 10A or higher as all electronics in the car use a bit when ignition is on.

Used a Ctek MXS 25 when I updated.

RS Edition , built 13/9-18 , and delivered 9/11-18

Mountune: R.M.M. / Roll restrictor, PTU Brace, Breather plate & Re-circulating valve.

Mishimoto: I/C + pipe kit, Catch can, Blue Aluminum expansion tank

Ford Performance / Remus cat back Exhaust

FSWERKS short shift kit.

quantiTEC Smoked rear lights.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

The sync 3 only takes 15 mins so i had my engine running

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

What’s people’s latest build version. Mines 19025 and says it’s up to date when checking my Ford Account after updating to 19025 and F8 maps last week.

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

New Software update now available for Sync 3 on UK Ford Sync update site.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Ive never updated mine! Am i missimg much?

440bhp

443lbft

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New sync 3 update. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!