New to (proper) fast fords with my RS!

Home Forums General Newbie New to (proper) fast fords with my RS!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

lhessey
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all,

New to the forum and fast fords, i’ve had a couple of Fiesta STs but they’re not even in a shade on the new RS.

Very proud owner of a Magnetic Grey 17 plate car, had it for a little while now and love it to bits only issue is how easy the paint seems to stone chip and my OCD trying to sort it constantly.

Based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire and wondered if their is any other local owners near by?

Cheers,

Liam

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Liam, hi and welcome any pics to share please ?

Honorary Member

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Liam and welcome

Just around the corner in Huddersfield, I see at least 4 RS’s each week around the local area, only a couple are on here though

Enjoy you RS, a blast over Greenfields or Holme Moss is a good drive around here.

May the Ford be with you

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Liam a warm welcome to the forum, enjoy driving your RS, it’s an awesome car. ?

lhessey
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers all, Its a brilliant car! Just returned from the Isle of Wight this weekend seeing family so first proper drive done. yorkirs i am from Huddersfield orginally so know the area very well! Most of my mates are still over that way so spend most of my time on those roads.

I think the only picture so far is the day i collected it with my ugly mug in, i’ll post up shortly!

lhessey
    Participant

UK - England

From this weekend, didn’t even realise I’d took it ha!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Liam, great pic thanks for sharing ? Good trip to stretch the RS excellent

Honorary Member

dogbone
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Liam & welcome to the forum.  I’m local to Wakefield and also have a Magnetic ’17 plate.  They are a cracking car, lots of fun.  Maybe see you around.

Magnetic   FPM375   DSC Controller  Tractive suspension  EBC discs with Yellow Stuff

lhessey
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat Aye it was good run for it, tried it on every type of surface this weekend including a couple of inches of snow! Amazed that it managed 35mpg on the motorway as well. Brilliant car.

@dogbone
    hope to see you around at some point, seen a couple of NBs and a frozen white around Wakey so far.

Does anyone elses RS suffer from stone chips behind the tyres? On the rear bumper in the bottom corners and the painted section of side skirt in the front wheel arches? In other words the section that mudflaps would cover up.

Why did they use a white coloured primer at the factory! ha.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by lhessey.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Mud Flaps ha ha ha now that’s a whole thread on it’s own. Depending on your preference Ford ones or those that are offered from the club shop the choice is yours. Certainly cut down stone damage.

Honorary Member

lhessey
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat Ha, i’ll have a look into them i’ve always thought they looked a bit “Chav” but im sick of looking at tiny white marks around my wheel arches and having to spend hours sorting them.

Had a similar issue on my M3 but that had a tendancy to chip infront of the rear wheels on the actual arch.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome.

Coastliner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@lhessey, if you’ve got time go to Forums click on RS chat go to page 68ish I think, and have a read.

Honorary Member

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome. I came from the Mk7 Fiesta ST too. Great car but not the same league as the RS.

Stone chips on white plastic are a pain. The front ‘dogbone’ is usually worst of all (black plastic that holds the number plate on the front bumper).

NB FPM375

lhessey
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat had a read cheers I think I’ll have to see one in the flesh with mud flaps to make my mind up, I’m sure I will at some point!

@stu-c
    agreed my old fiesta ST was a brilliant car but nothing on the RS, had a few chips around the front plate when I bought it I’ve actually touched them in with a black sharpie and the colour match is brilliant.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New to (proper) fast fords with my RS!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!