New to the Forum, looking for some advice.

Home Forums General Newbie New to the Forum, looking for some advice.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

HarryM3
    Participant

UK - England

Hi guys, new to the foum so thought i would introduce myself.

My name is Harry and I am 22 years old from Rotherham,  i have always had a passion for cars and over the past couple of years have frequently attended track days around the U.K.

I have swapped my car a number of times over the past couple of years from mistakingly having a C63 AMG to then having a  A45 Performance Pack, and recently owning an M2 which was great to drive however i felt it was extremely basic overall. I now have a M3 F80 which i absolutely adore and to drive is phenomenal and i really cant fault it.

Frequenting the track more often lead to getting a Meganne 265 as tracking my day car was getting rather expensive to say the least, i actually think the Meganne is fantastic on the track however i really want just something with more power for the straights where the meganne does lag behind.

With the summer returning and track days being on my mind the more so, the obvious car comes to mind, the mighty Focus RS MK3!

Is there any advice from you guys who know much more than myself on what to look for when buying one?

Any advice or tips really would be appreciated and i really look forward to speaking with fellow car lovers like myself, cheers guys and thanks in advance.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

The RS is a track car designed for the road so not only will it do a great job getting you to the track but also deliver on circuit.

Car is awesome on the roads so can only imagine what it must be like on track. I think with a simple remap and potentially some track pads the car would be great out of the box. At 1500kg or so it probably isn’t going to be the lightest on track but is more than capable and great fun and that’s what its all about.

What track do you usually use Harry?

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

If you’ve got back problems don’t have the shell seats. I had shell seats in a Clio 200 and a Renault 250 with no problems at all — these things are crippling me. I was a younger man back then though, maybe that’s got something to do with it. ?

HarryM3
    Participant

UK - England

Was thinking of getting the Mountune FPM375 upgrade, is this something you would recommend? As far as i can see it seems like everyone is raving about it and of course if it keeps the full warranty then that is a huge positive.

I tend to go most often to Donnington as it is closest to me and i really enjoy the track, i have been to Cadwell and also Bedford however i just feel like Donnington seems to be the best overall, i do plan on going to Spa-Francorchamps and Nürburgring in the near future, a few friends have been and said they are amazing so would be awesome to make the trip over.

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Not the advice you were looking for. I’ll get my coat.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Is that your car collection in your profile pic Harry?

HarryM3
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry howsey, apologies didn’t even see the reply! Thanks for the advice appreciate it, i think I’ll try sitting in both the buckets and standard and see which is best I know it’s nothing compared to actually driving it for a period of time but hopefully gives me an idea 🙂 I’m only a young nipper after all 😉

HarryM3
    Participant

UK - England

Hi again kenny, BMW is mine and the 911 Turbo and Macan GTS are in the family, we are all car mad and forever swapping cars around, can’t wait to get an RS now ! Here’s my M3 mate – 

HarryM3
    Participant

UK - England

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Lol! No worries, mate; just some banter. You should be OK in the shell seats, my back is twenty years older than yours. ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New to the Forum, looking for some advice.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!