Home Forums General Newbie Newbie

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Daren Lea
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all just took delivery of my nitro blue 2017 Rs as a replacement for my 2018 5.0 mustang very arse end happy even driving normal. Anyway looking forward for upgrade ideas

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Welcome!

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Daren and welcome

I would like to know what you didn’t like about the Mustang and why you switched as I have always wanted a 5.0…  no need to mention fuel costs though as a reason! 🤣

One of the best and cheapest upgrade is the valve delete plug you can buy on here followed by lowering springs.. after extensive research I went for these below that were made specifically for the RS and unlike others great on UK roads as softer, plus drop more to rear and get rid of the ass up US look improving the looks ten fold… then you have induction kits and a 380 remap… 400 and over and you are looking at forged engine parts… if you hate the high seat position as I did that can be solved too with a JCR kit, again can be bought here. Then you have exhausts (love the borla for the grunt n burble) and more, list can go on and on..

My advice through is enjoy getting used to the car for a few months and driving it as stock as it’s great and then you will really feel/see benefits when you upgrade, have fun and link for springs below / Enjoy and sure others will suggest lots more!

Al 😬👍🏻

https://pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Focus-RS-Mk3-Pumaspeed-Eibach-Special-Edition-Lowering-Springs_17103.jsp

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome to the forum @Darren Highly recommended the delete plug and socket saves any malfunction of the valve. Enjoy your RS.

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Daren,

Plenty of upgrades available but like said above, I’d stay standard for a little while and then you’ll feel the benefit moreso. I went with FPM375 after 12 months (due mainly for warranty inclusion) but there are loads of others out there depending on power output you want. If it’s big numbers then there’s money you need to put into the base mechanics too.

For now, I’d make sure you have good security for your piece of mind. Upgraded alarm (Ghost is popular), disclock, tracker, OBD protection, Faraday pouch are all good.

Enjoy!

NB FPM375

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome along. Definitely chose the best colour.

Let us know what you decide to do with the car👍

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Welcome to the mad house 🤣🤣🤣👍get some pics up when you get a chance.

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

@pauly paul good shout on the pics.. especially when NB 😬

like most he has probably trusted that ‘notify me’ tick box….It don’t work Darren btw 🤣

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

Daren Lea
    Participant

UK - England

The problem with the mustang is it never felt really safe as the arse end would break a way so easy  even at low speeds also as you mentioned does like to drink . If you can afford a face lift one it is supposed to be a lot more stable on the road.

Daren Lea
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve always had st’s even had them mountuned but always fancied an RS and after selling the mustang was finally able to afford one , specially as they seem to be going up in price

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome.

Coastliner

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one Daren and yes I made the move from ST as well, what a difference!

You will find this club/people fantastic and so many questions have already been answered so worth either looking at past posts or if you put in Google it usually brings a link to this site or RSOC where it’s been asked before, I only joined in July and have lost count of the times it’s helped me out! Enjoy and sure you checked out your head gasket had been done but if not a vid here shows how to check yourself, fast forward to 5 mins, I found easier to take a slow video on my phone than photos and then paused to find it as my engine wasn’t as clean!  – 👍🏻

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Newbie. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!