Newbie Emy

Home Forums General Newbie Newbie Emy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Peter Emmington
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi all I am apparently now 3 months into what could be according to my dealer a 12 month wait. I have had the test drive which is making it worse!!!!!

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Hi, Peter. Yep, taking a test drive was a terrible mistake; you should also spend every waking hour googling ‘Focus RS news’ and visiting sites like this, chatting with people who already have their cars, pretending you’re happy for them ?. I’m one month in and it’s already been hellish.

Julian Holling
    Participant

United Kingdom

Believe me Guys it’s worth the Wait.  I didn’t even test drive one , first one I drove was my own when I collected it from the dealers.  500 miles in and he worst thing about it is the fuel economy (and as other people have stated on the forum, the light front end at 80 mph with high revs).

Stage 2 Clutch, Dreamscience iMap DS-Ultima 2+

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

I’m patient enough, Julian :). Have you tried checking your tires, a few people have reported high pressures leading to instability. Worth a go.

Julian Holling
    Participant

United Kingdom

@Howsey, yeah I have, they weren’t much out to be honest.  Went with the 40 psi all round and still get it.  Am going to try the recommended pressures of 41 front and 38 rear when I next fill up and use the air machine 🙂

Stage 2 Clutch, Dreamscience iMap DS-Ultima 2+

Peter Emmington
    Participant

United Kingdom

Howsey, I made a mistake about 10 months ago I bought a new ST3 and am preparing myself for a substantial loss when I eventually swap for the new RS. At the time I couldn’t wait for the RS but after driving it I can’t wait. I Think I’ve watched every video and trawelled every site to find news on delivery dates. So now it’s nice to know I am not the only one who has teased himself with the test drive.

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

@peter – That’s a shame; have you thought about a private sale?

Peter Emmington
    Participant

United Kingdom

@howsey will have to wait and see nearer the time, although I have to say the sales rep who I deal with has always treated me well. And when I first ordered the it didn’t go through and had to wait an extra week before it went through. I was gutted when told and the dealer thought they had maxed out the orders and he said he would hang on to the deposit just in case things change and I am glad he did as five days later it went through.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Newbie Emy. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!