Newbie from Hull

Home Forums General Newbie Newbie from Hull

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Darren Elliott
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all,

Recently purchased a late 2016 RS. Test driven briefly around a wet industrial estate in Grimsby at night and there was no going back ?. Looking forward to discussing and learning from more experienced owners on here.

I was unaware of the divisiveness over this car on social media prior to buying one.. Was completely oblivious re engine issues and subsequent recalls etc. That said, although this has caused some doubt i think it’s a great car that i love taking out on the weekends and look forward to learning more about it and what potential upgrades enhancements there are out there.

I recently came across dream science who are based in Hull and also look forward to hearing from owners who may have availed any of their after market components.

Cheers

Darren

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Darren, hope your driving around with the big RS smile on your face, it’s a great car. ?

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Welcome Darren.

I’d recommend you join a local RSOC. I dont know the Humber bridge group but I know a lot of guys in the East Yorks group who are a great bunch of lads and some very, very nice cars especially the mk2’s.

Yorkshire (East) RSOC
    description
    The Triton Inn Brantingham, Brought, HU15 1QE

Date:
    Last Tuesday of every month: from 7.30pm pm

Chairman : Graham hopper 07939 123935
    Email: Graham@Gsmotorsport.Karoo.uk
    Secretary:Chris Ross 07799 892497 Email: chris@rossc.karoo.co.uk
    Treasurer:Emma Wicks 07789 901311                   E mail. Emma.Wicks@Btconnect.com

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@darren76

Hello and Welcome to the Club mate!! ?.

Another one for team black, that’ll keep @bobcat happy!!

It’s a cracking Motor, you’ll love it!!

What Mods you got planned for it??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Welcome mate ? Im running dreamscience & now supporting mods, bang for buck cant fault it… And it totally transforms the car from standard.

???

Darren Elliott
    Participant

UK - England

@Red-Leader

For sure, does put a smile on the dial!

Darren Elliott
    Participant

UK - England

@DaveRS3

Thanks for the info. I’ll be sure to check those guys out.

Much appreciated ??

Darren Elliott
    Participant

UK - England

@Marc

Thanks mate.

Mod wise I think the suspension initially then go from there with a more liberated exhaust set up. Nothing specific as yet, still getting accustomed to the RS after driving a Hyundai i20 for the past four years! I’ll be driving up to Banchory (near Aberdeen) hopefully later this year to see some old mates so that will be a good opportunity to get well acquainted with it ??

Darren Elliott
    Participant

UK - England

@GM

Sounds great.

I watched a vid on YouTube a while back. Car focused I think is the name and he installed the dream science map which he was more than impressed with!

Thanks mate

Cheers

Darren

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome. when I went up to Hull, all the locals referred to it as ” ool” rhyming with Full   am I right? or is it pronounced Hull as in hull of a ship !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Darren, hi and welcome congratulations enjoy and happy RS’ing. Great to have another one for Team Black. If you can (and find it) please get some pics up Black Never Gets A Mention ta muchly?

Honorary Member

Darren Elliott
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda

Hi, to us mud dwellers it’s Ull”!

Rhymes with dull, hence the saying “it’s never dull in Ull” unless I’m in town ?

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Just for team white, the phone boxes around hull are white (honest)

May the Ford be with you

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ha ha . I’m sure its “ool”, and not “ull” though !! I reckon you must be a scouser innit !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Darren.

Coastliner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Newbie from Hull. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!