Newbie from West Sussex

Home Forums General Newbie Newbie from West Sussex

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

Hey guys,

First post from me. I had an original Mk1 FRS from new (Build 409) back in 2003 and loved that car. I also created the first Mk1 FRS forum and club http://www.focusrs.co.uk

Was the benchmark for all other performance cars i have owned. Recently parted with my R35 GTR due to house move and now looking to get back to a hot hot hatch!!! Mk3 FRS is my choice. Got a couple i’m eying up and hoping to be in one soon. Already been on to “Mounty” about the M380 package and compared to what i was paying to tune the GTR its a drop in ocean!!!

CheeRS

CheeRS

Louie

Revo STG2 Beta Map 433hp 450lb-ft 610.1 nm

?????? Game REVO

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

How did you like the GTR Louie?

What ever happened to the Mk1 club website?

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

GTR was a great car, mad car, insane car. I intended to keep it and had just finished big engine and box build so car was running 950/1000hp on pump gas and 1150 on e85 with around 900tq. Im building a new house and was thinking i could do with the cash. Just before the build was finished one of the forum guys asked jokingly if i’d consider selling it. I threw a silly figure at him and he didn’t wobble. We haggled a bit and the deal was done.

To be honest i was gonna out it next year as its a money pit and with the house build and  having owned it for 3 years was time to get something thats still a bag of fun, but that can be tuned/rebuilt for a fraction of the cost that it cost the GTR as everything you buy for the GTR has the famous “GTR Tax” applied!!!! Hence i’m back in n FRS and can’t wait to play….BIG TIME

So the http://www.focusrs.co.uk site got taken down. We were threatened by FMC branding that we were in breach of their brand/marketing policy as we were selling merchandise (ver cool merchandise) with the RS & Ford oval without permission. Shitty thing to do in reality as we had worked with them for the best part of 3 years during the development phase of the Mk1 FRS, but they insisted we remove everything. So my Partner Stuart Griffiths (AKA The Mad Welshman RIP) decided to close it down. Shame but we couldn’t be arsed with going head to head with FMC 🙁

Nemesis

CheeRS

Louie

Revo STG2 Beta Map 433hp 450lb-ft 610.1 nm

?????? Game REVO

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Newbie from West Sussex. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!