Newbie saying hello

Home Forums General Newbie Newbie saying hello

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

chunkybus
    Participant

UK - England

Hi….I’m new to the forum.

I own a mk3 in magnetic grey which has now completed 1800 miles. Only issues so far have been the occasional hissing from the audio system.

Mods so far are: exoticauto leather mats, dmb blue decals all round, carbon effect recaro seat base platest,  carbon effect ovals, k&n filter, shell seat covers and a carbon effect header cover.

I am now investigating mudflaps and carbon wing mirrors so these are likely to be my next purchases.

Lovin my RS so far though apart from the attention it brings…..I do sometimes park it up and worry if it will still be there when I get back.

chunkybus
    Participant

UK - England

NorthwestRob
    Participant

United Kingdom

Welcome to the forum rich car looks Sweet

MyRS
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi ,
    I’m from the USA. I’m waiting on my RS and have been for some time now.

chunkybus
    Participant

UK - England

It will be worth the wait

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Welcome ManxRS

Car is looking sweet! If you need some inspiration for your next mods check our upgrades section for mudflaps and mirror covers

chunkybus
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers Kenny.

Already had a good trawl….will probably go for Rally Armor flaps but couldn’t find anything on wing mirrors yet.  I’ve found some gen carbon ones but I’m waiting on a review first.

I will have to post a review on my mats…..I will post a pic shortly.

dan
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>ManxRS hi, cracking pic of your car mate, looks mean. Great colour too</p>

chunkybus
    Participant

UK - England

chunkybus
    Participant

UK - England

My mats

chunkybus
    Participant

UK - England

mysteron
    Participant

United Kingdom

Those mats look quality Rich, and much better than the ones supplied with the Mk2.  What’s the material?

Here’s the Tesco snap, which isn’t brilliant, but I couldn’t resist the temptation.

chunkybus
    Participant

UK - England

Haha…..seeing the wife has straddled two parking spots has made my day, she knows how paranoid I am about car park dinks.  My van picked one up and it cost me a few quid to get it perfect again.  I know it’s bad form taking 2 spaces but lots do it and as long as you are at the far end I think it’s acceptable….ish.

The mats are leather.  I came across them when working on a ferrari which had some fitted.  The craftsmanship and the leather is top notch.  It was quite a faff as they are US based and RHD RS’s have slightly different footwell shapes to the US ones so I had to send templates.  The rears aren’t a perfect fit which bugs me a tad and the blue thread isn’t the NB shade I would have preferred but they look different and are a doddle to keep clean.

The supplied ones are very poor quality imo.  My car came supplied with a set of Mountune mats which are much better quality than the originals but I’m selling those to offset some of the cost of these leather ones……the cost of which I will keep to myself incase the wife finds out.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Newbie saying hello. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!