Newbie… with bitter taste

Home Forums General Newbie Newbie… with bitter taste

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

rsdani
    Participant

Italy

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and to RS-ing as well. Just picked up my car a few days ago, it is full spec except for sunroof and heated windscreen/ steering wheel. Mods so far: PPF treatment, JCR low seat frames. Some other mods might come later this year, most likely a louder exhaust but have not decided yet cause I don’t wanna lose warranty (on this side of Europe Mountune is not available unfortunately). I’ve already done over 1000 kms (run smoothly) and my impressions are mixed so far. I like how it looks and goes but very much dislike the fact that the (my) car has an annoying vibration at idle (I feel that especially on the pedals and bit on the chassis as well). I am very disappointed in this respect as I chose the RS (instead of a used M2 which would have fit my budget) to enjoy the reliability of a brand new car. I had some turbo charged performance cars before but none of them had similar issues – neither the RS I test drove nor the car of my friend which I also drove before. I don’t think it is normal. Guys, have you experienced this problem? Any idea, recommendation?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Should be all smooth and vibration free rsdani, if your car is 2nd hand i would suggest that maybe someone has fitted the uprated roll restrictor to the car? as thats the side effect of having it fitted !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

rsdani
    Participant

Italy

Hello Mike, my car is factory fresh 🙂 so I guess the reason should be something else. Anyway, thanks for your reply, you confirmed my initial thoughts and I’ll go back to the dealer for sure, which is definitely not the beginning of a beautiful frienship.

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t let it spoil your view of the car. It’s bound to be something easy to correct by Ford. Welcome to the Forum and the RS. Did you go for the Quickest colour….white?

2018 RS Edition

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@birdy, I’m guessing rsdani has a blue one, maybe a grey one.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@rsdani, hope you can get your problems resolved so you can enjoy the cars potential. Don’t give up

Honorary Member

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Could be a few things, but it would take a fairly rough idle to give bad vibration….which means that a decent mechanic should easily identify and fix the problem for you. I’ve known of a similar issue in a non Ford car….turned out to be the spark plug individual coil pack that was faulty.

Don’t let it dampen your day too much. When it’s sorted and running as it should be, you’ll love it!

rsdani
    Participant

Italy

Thanks guys for the support, really appreciated. I have an appointment to a local dealer for next week, I’ll report back. Apart form this, I love the car so I hope the problem can be fixed very soon. @ b1rdy mine is steath, probably not as fast as the white but in my country there are quite some white cars because this is the only colour which is standard so I wanted something different, though white would have been my second choice.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Please let us know the outcome if you don’t mind

Honorary Member

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Newbie… with bitter taste. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!