no drive mode

Home Forums Performance Engine no drive mode

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

cigarman
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I get drive mode selection not available now and again.  If I stopped and start back, it goes away.  Can anyone shed some light into my issue.

I have checked in my car to dealers but they can’t see anything unless it comes up so they took it for a drive but it never appear, but the Ghost alarm had stopped them restarting , I had set it to valet mode, they obviously when over the 30 limit.

Kimo

Mountune M400 with all the goodies.

cigarman
    Participant

UK - Scotland

no drive mode pic

I have attached a pic I taken to show the no drive mode, during this mode it still pops and bangs.

Kimo

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

spray some wd40 in the left hand tailpipe all around the electric flap thingy

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Very common its due to the exhaust flap its very temperamental sometimes after I wash the car it would come on or after a blast so probably more heat related. Could push for a new valve under warranty? There was also talk of an update that would allow the modes to be used even if flap wasn’t working.

Another option is the terminator plug that bypasses the valve so its always open.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

and Kenny does not mean this sort of Terminator plug..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

hes talking about…

which along with the mudflaps, Im still to fit sometime !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Ha Yes Mike that’s right thanks for clarifying.

cigarman
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Thanks to write earlier, thanks for good tips.

Good humour on Terminators haha… buy from ebay?

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Tbh I get this sometimes. It only happens now and again (on start up) and has only started happening since I had ghost fitted.

I have the terminator on the end of the exhaust to keep flap open

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

no ghost for me and my flap is fine and drive mode selection has  not played up yet,not a single issue or gremlin with the car to date!! eh MR H et tu ?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Tohnny Borge
    Participant

Norway

I have the same problems last winter but only when the car was cold

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

Is Thonny even a name? It seems hugely extravagant. The Mr.T picture is just for fun.

Sascha Müller
    Participant

Germany

@71-bda

i saw the tip of using WD40 before – my question though: you mean using it around the small valve engine on the outisde of the pipe, or actually „inside“ like you write…?

cheers for helping!

A bit sick of this fail, and and since ill go to sone track time soon I dont want this to happen when getting to a track…

eagle
    Participant

UK - England

@sascha, yes,  that is up the exhaust pipe and the valve. It’s best done twice once before you drive off and again when you get home. It might seem a little excessive but it works for a long time after you have done it. Good luck.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to no drive mode. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!