no drive mode

Home Forums Performance Engine no drive mode

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ sascha, yes as eagle says, aim it at where the flap pivots inside the tailpipe.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

baz-2
    Participant

United Kingdom

A squirt with wd40 now an again like as been said seems to do the trick  not had any problems

with my one…

baz2

sneddy
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Had this error on my car, several times & it’s a 67 plate,  sprayed the Exhaust flap with WD40 still had the No Drive Mode Error now & again.

Fitted the Exhaust Valve Terminator Plug & Blanking Plug.

No Issues.

SORTED.

Para
    Participant

Germany

I have the same issue when selecting the track mode, it shows the same warning and goes back to normal mode.
    Also after changing the suspension with the left button on the turning signal stikck it says the same issue. I just did the WD40 trick I just learend on the exhaust valve, lets see if it helps. I will keep you updated.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Normally lasts until the WD40 dries out,  try getting some oil into the shaft as well.  When I give the car a good clean or polish it’s part of my routine to give it another squirt.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Para
    Participant

Germany

I just did the WD40 trick but somewhow when my drive mode is in normal the valve is open…? Should the valve not close if the Normal drive mode is selected? If I change to sport, or drift mode it remains open and on Track mode it still shows the same message. Anyone has the vale always open too? What could cause this to happen and what can/should I do? Thanks for any advice.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

sounds like your flap is stuck open (presuming your car is not 2nd hand and previous owner fitted the delete plug). Just undo the 3 8mm nuts and pop the lid off, free off the flap, lube, and refit. Simples. Ensure the springy wirey bit inside fits inside the slot. Its not hard. Have a go.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Para
    Participant

Germany

Thanks 71-bda, but the valve closes when I turn off the car. As soon as I start the car it starts in normal mode and the valve opens.
    The car is brand new, picked it up last friday.

You think I still should pop the lid off and unmount the parts and remount again? Or is this a software issue? Anyone had this?
    Google is not mentioning my case… or maybe I cant find it.

Josh1987
    Participant

UK - England

I had this just take it into ford and get the software update it fixes it

Para
    Participant

Germany

Thank you Josh, I will brin my car on monday. Strange thing though as you would expect that when the car is being delivered to the customer, it is already checked and updated to the latest release. Will keep you’ll updated.

dannyrobbo
    Participant

UK - Wales

Mine started doing this a couple of weeks ago. Took to Ford who couldn’t find the fault code referring to the valve. its going back in on thursday for a PCM and BCM update to hopefully eradicate the issue. I have in the meantime ordered the Blanking Plug from this site, just awaiting for it to arrive. Still in “processing” on my orders page 🙁

Dreamscience Ultima Map, RamAir induction kit, Turbosmart Shortie BPV, Mountune SSC, Exhaust Bypass mod, Rally Armour Mudflaps

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to no drive mode. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!