No RS Drivers Manual?

Home Forums General Newbie No RS Drivers Manual?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Jason Dennis
    Participant

UK - England

Hey, i’ve just purchased a magnetic grey RS. First day of having it. Took it our for a light drive and thought I would get the drivers manual out tonight and have some light reading learning about how to use all of the great RS options. It’s brand new, the kid from the dealership didn’t have a clue how anything worked…  I’ve just got the manual out and i’ve only been given a standard Ford Focus Manual. Which doesn’t seem to have any literature about any of the the features. Is this normal? Have i not been given the correct manual? Bit disappointed there’s not alot to read about how things work in this car. Can anyone shed light on this?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Sadly it would appear you have to download it yourself. Ask your dealer about it and see if they’ll get you a copy.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

By the way welcome Jason ?

Honorary Member

Jason Dennis
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers mate, love the car was just a bit disappointed it didn’t come with a manual. Bit crap on Ford’s behalf. Really appreciate the link will check that out now and print my own version out. Hopefully can now work out how all these goodies work.

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Welcome, and enjoy ! ?

PerfectlyPeter
    Participant

New Zealand

The manual which came with my RS was a confusing mix of references to both the ST and RS.  When I was phoned by Ford Australia to get my feedback on the RS shortly after purchase (a nice touch incidentally) I told young lady that the folder containing the manual was classy, but I would rather have access to a proper online manual than have the crappy printed one supplied.

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

Did you get the “Ford Performance” branded wallet for the driver’s manual?

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

Jason Dennis
    Participant

UK - England

I have now got the online version thanks bobcat!

Would have been nice to have an actual book.

It did come in the Ford performance wallet that’s why I was confused. I can now atleast work out what button does what. So happy days!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Your welcome Jason glad to be of help ?

Honorary Member

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Welcome aboard Jason

You should of received an RS supplement booklet in your Ford Performance wallet?

Jason Dennis
    Participant

UK - England

No nothing except the standard Focus one unfortunately. I will have to get on to them about it.

Atleast the Focus one has all the Sync 3 info. I can atleast get my head around that. Coming from a 55 reg B-Spec Subaru Legacy this has loads more Tech at hand which is great! Can finally utilise spotify through my sound system! Happy Happy!

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Jason,

Somehow, I had two of the RS Owners Manual Supplements in my Ford Performance wallet.

I am quite happy to post the spare one to you, email Kenny and I am sure he will forward my contact details to you.

Regards

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

Jason Dennis
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Elliot, I contacted the dealer and they’ve taken one out of another RS they have there. Hopefully it’ll be what I’m missing.  Will pick it up tomorrow hopefully when I get a chance. I appreciate the offer though. Very kind of you. Took it for a spin around yorskshire dales today. Very impressed with it. What a machine they are 🙂

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Well done Jason at least you have an original copy ?

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to No RS Drivers Manual?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!