Noob here. New to forums so go easy on me!

Home Forums General Newbie Noob here. New to forums so go easy on me!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Owner of a Frozen white RS. Collected it first week of June. Had it pre-ordered for what felt like 10 years! Live in the Lake District (the scenery/mountain roads was meant for an RS). Got every optional extra apart from the Sunroof. Have LOVED every day of driving it and cleaning it! Must have waxed it about 1/2 dozen times already!

one question though, and not specifically the RS but the Mk3 focus in general…..how the hell do you turn on auto lock? I know the manual is wrong but even trying other methods doesn’t work! Thanks

2018 RS Edition

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Stephen, you lucky lad ! Ive got a FW on order too, full up apart from winter pack, probably 6 months away though. I have read somewhere that the feature you want has to be done by a ford dealer, they have to access the onboard computer , ( I assume you mean where the doors lock like American cars do as soon as you drive away?) I think it is also adjustable so ca be set to lock anywhere from 3 to 10mph or something. Hope that helps,

Mike

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Julian Holling
    Participant

United Kingdom

Didn’t know this was an option … Might have to get down to my local dealer and see if they can do it for me … not that I live in a Rough area or anything 🙂

Stage 2 Clutch, Dreamscience iMap DS-Ultima 2+

paul144
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome  to the group Stephen and you have your car you lucky thing.

Think I’ll be looking into that option as well ,not even going to mention what my areas like lol.

A few bits and pieces added

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

It tells you on page 69 of the focus owners manual how to enable / disable auto lock with a number or presses of the ignition&block buttons however the manual is Wrong (I’ve googled that and it’s correct that the manual is wrong). Other than that the card amazing. The only thing I wish I’d NOT done was to buy the Active City stop optional extra as the sensors cause a bit of a nuisance and blind spot on the windscreen. If you see an RS coming towards you with 3 strange shapes in the windscreen then he has it ?

2018 RS Edition

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ Stephen Bird,  Im guessing you are either short and have std seats adjusted up high then, or you are 6ft and have shell seats if you find the gubbins around the rear view mirror a bit ‘in the way’. ? I’m pretty sure all the RS’s have the same black triangle with sensors in, one for auto wipers, one for auto headlights, and if you have it, another for active city stop, Im sure if you had left out the ACS you would still have the same thing at top of screen, but with just two sensors and not three.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Short and Shell seats haha. No but a lad at work has No ACS and his rear view mirror looks like a traditional on in most cars. Anyway it’s not a problem but if I was to order another RS I’d leave that option out. Oh but I LOVE them plastic door guards! People are amazed by them ?. All in all, i’m 100% happy with the car, probably more! I seem to look for excuses to nip for bread etc! I only wish that the car started in Sports mode as standard rather than having to press the button twice. I mean, come on, who DOESN’T have it in sports mode at every opportunity! ??

2018 RS Edition

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ Stephen B. oh, yes you are correct, I kind of forgot about that, I had it in my mind before I ordered to have the smaller black bit on the screen, but got carried away and specced ACS, you now have me thinking !! Ive just changed to shell seats, AND I’ve got a sunroof so hoping my bonce is not up there in the aperture AND having my view obscured as you say ! om about 177cm so think i should be ok, Oh lord, Im going to have to go and have another sit in one again!!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Haha. I’m 5’7″ and have no problem with the shell seats being”high” as on reviews etc. I’d originally ordered just the standard seats after the guy in the showroom said the Shell ones could t be raised up. Then I rang the next day and thought F**k it, I’ll get the better seats and just Prey I can see over the dash! I just went nuts with the ‘extras’ as when you order a year in advance it’s not “real” money then. I was like “yep, I’ll have those”, “plastic door protectors, “yep those too”, forged wheels a grand extra “why not, whack them on too!”. I got everything except the sunroof.

At the of the day, no matter what spec you chose, your gonna feel and look the dogs bollocks! Hopefully you won’t wait too long for yours mate ??

2018 RS Edition

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Noob here. New to forums so go easy on me!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!