North Coast 500

Home Forums General Non RS Chat North Coast 500

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

ron71
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi Folks

Just wondering if anyone’s done the north coast 500?

Was wanting to go with my son looks good

Cheers Ron

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I think Marc Brembo does at least the equivalent on a daily basis when he’s ashore making the most of his white beast!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Bass
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’ve done this it was fantastic just be aware of the motor homes in convoy on the west coast section, very narrow roads with passing places ….Oh and the free range sheep that roam free ?

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Brilliant drive, great scenery and just a pleasure in the RS

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Especially in a white one eh Stuart !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

ron71
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Thanks for replies guys

Looks like I’ll have to do it

Clearly it’s a better drive in a white one ??

Cheers

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Seems a lot of frozen white ones were bought in Scotland, is this early adopter still on this site with his 16 plate ?

and another up in the Alps..

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

ron71
    Participant

UK - Scotland

The best colour ??

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@ron71

Afternoon mate!! I’ll write a wee bit about it for yi shortly. Just heading home now.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Hammy
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Did it last year. Bikers and caravans are the worst part also stone chips. Amazing time.

• Magnetic, Forge wheels, Edge Protectors , Lux Pack & Recaro Shell Seats
    • Dreamscience Imap Ultimate 3+
    • Dmb Gel Badges Nitrous Blue
    • Rallyflapz Kaylan Black 
    • Team Heko Wind defectors Dark 
    • Dreamscience turbo back exhaust with race car.
    • Airtec SSC Black
    • Airtec Stage 2 Air Intake Black & Nitrous Blue 
    • Airtec Rear Diffuser Black 
    • ST suspension 12.5mm spacers
    • Forge recirculating valve
    • yellow fog lights 
    • Airtec Nitrous Blue rear diff cooler 
    • 10% tint on rear lights 
    • Satin black window louver vents
    • Airtec short shifter set @ 40%
    • Valve delete mod
    • Bonnet struts 
    • Solid shifter bushes 
    • 1 step colder spark plugs NGK 
    • Engine dress up screw kit
    • body colour coded washer jets 
    • Airtec intercooler
    • Airtec boost pipes
    • Clubsport 4 point roll cage in nitrous blue
    • 3 point securon harness x2 
    • Driver side JCR lowered seat rail 

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Frozen White, the only colour ??Off around Gairloch , Salen then down to Northumberland this Summer.  Sod the weather, just looking forward to the driving.  First thing in the car will be the cleaning kit!  lol

PORTER2411
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’ve done it twice in the RS amazing roads I took my drone with me for some good shots ?? I highly recommend doing it

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@ron71

Evening mate!! Thought I’d better write a bit for you since it’s my backyard!! Lol!! Are you planning doing it over a couple of days?? I’d certainly suggest that you get a copy of this first…..

It’s a cracking book with ALL the information you’d ever need and more!! ?. Now I’ve not done the full 500 as I’ve not really explored the West coast that much but I’m up the East coast regularly and also up the centre of the Highlands and along the top  just blasting about. Heading up the East coast you’re on the A9, this section of the A9 does indeed have some Awesome stretches and some breath taking views out over the North Sea. There’s some great spots for taking photos of the RS with some stunning backgrounds!! Here’s a couple of pics I’ve taken up the East coast…..

You’ll find yourself engrossed in the drive as the road drops away then climbs and twists left and right. This road is the main road up here so is continuous 2 lanes with overtaking lanes spread about. Here’s a pic of the map from that book…

The A9 is the green one heading from Inverness to Thurso.

Now I’ve driven almost every road on the map and thoroughly enjoy every single one, the last time I went right up North I left the A9 between Dornoch and Golspie (#’s 46 and 48 on the map) and went on to the A839 up to Lairg then on to the A838 that runs along the side of Loch Shin, Beautiful road, then followed this road as it heads North West all the way up to Durness!! Can’t get any further North than that. Quite a lot of that road was single track, well there’s no white lines and loads of passing places but you can fit 2 cars wide on most of it, quite surprisingly it’s a really smooth road and an ABSOLUTE pleasure to drive on. INCREDIBLE views up here mate!! And I’d recommend visiting Smoo Caves when you’re here.

The way you do it is up to you, like I say I’ve not done it the conventional way but it’s on my doorstep and I’m blasting about up here constantly and the options are endless. What I can guarantee is that every road is a Cracker and you won’t be  disappointed.

Certain times of the year will be busier than others and obviously the weather will vary too. I’ve had to pull in on the A838 before to let a string of Ferrari’s past, all with foreign plates on. I plan to do the West Coast thoroughly as I’ve not done it properly yet.

Hope that helps and wets your appetite!!

????????????????..!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@porter2411

Evening mate!! CRACKING PICS there!! Love it mate!! ????????.

Cheers, Marc.

PORTER2411
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Thanks mate ?? ???????

@brembo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to North Coast 500. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!