Now I have to get a trackeršŸ¤£

Home Forums Technology Security Now I have to get a trackeršŸ¤£

• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by lc96.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Carl Bourke
    Participant

UK - England

So the RS is blocked in by a van and a car. It has a ghost and is blocked with a rhino šŸ¦ post! And to top it off I have cctv and an elmdene lighting system, so if anybody comes into the drive or garden it bleeps like a good un and wakes you up. Now insurance want a tracker šŸ¤.
    They recon the amount of RS and Ā st being stolen at the moment is becoming a joke!

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Find another insurance company

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Carl Bourke
    Participant

UK - England

šŸ¤” Wow! why bother even commenting ?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Carl, with all the measures you have taken I would find another insurer šŸ‘

Honorary Member

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

As above, find another insurance broker. Have you had a claim within the last 5 years, or are you very young? With all the current deterrents you currently have I think your current insurance provider doesnā€™t want to cover you!?!

Steve ā€“ Magnetic Grey ā€“ Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Tell them to do one

Try these

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/high-performance/?utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=performance-vehicle&utm_content=respsearch&gad=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm-307OzF_gIVD-pRCh2QkgqBEAAYASAAEgIomfD_BwE

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK Ā ā€“ Mountune full Induction ā€“ delete valve plug ā€“ carbon knob ā€“ JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm ā€“ black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS ā€“ TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

Pauly Paul
    Participant

T W A T S , apologies for my language, but insurers boil my blood , had a quote last year for the RS Ā£1:200, I nearly fell over , shopped around and got it for Ā£340 Ā happy days šŸ‘šŸ‘

Smudger068
    Participant

UK - England

I am right in thinking it is because the GHOST immobiliser isn’t thatcham approved?

So to them it is as good as not having one. Then again trackers can be blocked anyway…

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

Who is your Insurer at present?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Yes look elsewhere.

Coastliner

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

<hr />

I use admiral and they weren’t bothered that I have Ghost or a tracker.

NB FPM375

Pauly Paul
    Participant

With Adrian flux ,through the RS Ā owners club monthly map. šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

dazsob
    Participant

UK - England

Try Greenlight, they donā€™t seem to mind modifications either.

2016 FW DAZ ā€˜The Ford Demo Police Carā€™

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

A-Plan has mine with mods. was under 400 last year, expecting a rise this year.

I just had renewal for my GR,Ā  around 540 quid, last years was 360 !!!Ā  Ā  So logged on to Admiral to cancel the auto renew, (what a faff)Ā  after several screens of sure you want to go, would I like to make changes etc I keep clicking, I’m going…. then last screen, oh we can do it forĀ  Ā Ā£405….Ā  Ā Nope F off you were trying to rip me off for being loyal, so I’ll leave anyway…Ā  Ā Found a few other quotes for 380/390 so happy days.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-Ā  Quaife LSD,Ā  DSC+TractiveĀ  Suspension,Ā  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & TractiveĀ  Active suspension !!!

Ā  Ā Ā 

archangel
    Participant

UK - England

“They recon the amount of RS and st being stolen at the moment is becoming a joke!”

Do we have stats on that?

I use a Faraday pouch for my keys, thought with that and the alarm I’d be fairly safe. Thought most cars are stolen via relay attacks, and thiefs go for easy preys and unlikely to actually break into an alarmed car unless it’s parked in a remote place. Am I being naive, and should I invest in disklok? I live in a quiet(ish) suburban area with neighbours all around.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Now I have to get a trackeršŸ¤£. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!