Now then

Home Forums General Newbie Now then

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

ollie
    Participant

UK - England

Afternoon,

My brothers the petrol head and I’ve always gone for practicality (30 years old and have all-ready owned 2 Mondeos says it all really) but after spending a lot of time in his cars I caught the bug and bought the new fiesta St which has been a lot of fun but now very excited to be picking up a nitros blue Rs next weekend ?

I’ll be fitting a ghost and running it stock for the first few months but I don’t think it will be long before I’m back on here picking your brains for modifications tips.

cheers

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@ollie, hi and welcome ?

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Eh up Ollie.

Better late than never.

If you think the fez was fun you just wait.

Enjoy

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome.

Coastliner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@ollie

Hello and Welcome to the Club mate!! ?.

So does your brother have an RS too??

I’d agree with you about running it stock for a few months, get a real good feel for the Motor then start fitting a few Mods that suit you and you’re driving style etc..!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

ollie
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks all, yes the fiesta was fun but I’m hearing that the Rs is something else…

Brother had a focus St many years ago then a V8 vantage and now has a Alfa Romeo 4c.

Should I run the Rs on a premium fuel or just standard 95 petrol?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

A warm welcome and enjoy the RS. ?

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Welcome to the club!

I’m sure you will love the car, bit more grunt over the fiesta. Different driving experience although in sure the fiesta ST was a hoot.

I have always used Tesco momentum 99 in my cars or failing that shell vpower or BP ultimate. Up to you at the end of the day but I’m sure there are benefits of using the higher octane stuff regularly.

Happy motoring ?

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Ollie,

I came from a Mk 7 fiesta ST MP215 so it was the same power as your newer version. The RS is in another league but I must admit, that fiesta was a lightweight rollerskate and great fun – especially the lift off oversteer. My brother has the new fiesta ST line (he swapped it for the mk ST like me) and he actually preferred the older one. Either way, you’ll love the RS.

As for petrol, I’ve run on Shell vpower and Tesco momentum and to be honest, I can’t feel a significant difference over std 95 RON. Thats said when I got my FPM375 done at Mountune, they advised I run on greater than 95 RON.

NB FPM375

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Ollie and welcome

you know James may talks about that fizzy feeling he gets driving a fast car? Prepare to fizz ?

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Welcome!

You guys are very fortunate, California only has 91octane which blows.

Enjoy your ride!

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Welcome ? I get fizz & flames ??

@niklulu 99 over here really blows!

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

@GM, Yeah I can see that!

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Nick

May not be that bad on the gas front

I think the Way the America and Uk describe fuel Ron is different.

In The Uk the octane rating on the pump is simply the RON figure.
    I believe America, by contrast, uses the average of the RON and the MON figures, called the AKI (anti-knock index).
    Thus, 97 octane “super unleaded” in Britain is roughly equivalent to 91 octanepremium in the United States.

A good compromise would be you price per US gallon for our super unleaded 99

May the Ford be with you

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Ollie.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Now then. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!