Obligatory newbie RS issue

Home Forums General Newbie Obligatory newbie RS issue

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

natew
    Participant

UK - Wales

@GM

I had some time yesterday to fit a few things to the car and also look at the obd issue again, lo and behold, you were indeed right. I traced the cable back and opened up the plastic cable protective conduit, which uncovered the modified wiring connections.

The conduit had been spliced open to wire in this new connector by the looks of things, whomever did it made a good job of hiding it, as it looked pretty much standard from everything up to the connector.

With this mystery solved, I created an adapter by matching up the colours and wiring it to an obd socket, so I can now use the obd socket which seems to be working! Wahey, all is well and good I hear everyone cheer. (At this point, I’d like to thank all your contributions that were made to unsolve this riddle.)

NOPE! This leads me on to another issue I’ve encountered, which is why I wanted the obd socket in the first place, to put M375 on the vehicle. I bought the M375 from a well known auction site, listed as brand new, unused etc. When I connect the handset through the obd socket, it powers up and can provided gauge readings which seems to indicate my adapter is working. But when I go to the calibration setting and select change map, it flags up an error saying ‘This accessport is not installed on this vehicle’, so without stating the bleeding obvious, I presume this is locked to another vehicle?

Having looked this up briefly, upon connection to the vehicle, the m-tune handset should say it has two options, 1. Install accessport & 2. Diagnostics. I did not get an option to ‘ install’ when I first connected it, and neither do I now get an option to ‘uninstall’ it from the vehicle. Anyone know if you can uninstall the Mountune M375 tune from a vehicle and put it on another like a Cobb accessport?

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Obligatory newbie RS issue. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!