Octane Adjust Ratio and msd map

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Octane Adjust Ratio and msd map

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I have had the msd420 map on my car for several weeks now, but frustratingly no revisions from MSD as I need to get the OAR value to -1.00 and its been stuck on -0-80 on the cobb.

Stewart from MSD did say it can take a while any one else have a similar situation ?

MSD use all fords safety features which is good, but interestingly I put my stage 1 Litchfield map back on and after 2 miles it went from -85 to -1.00 !!

Gixxerboy
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Hi mate I’m running the MSD 420 multi maps, I hav the handset fitted in the car so I can monitor whats going on, one of the values I monitor is the octane adjustment ratio but mine always stays at -1.00

I always run bp premium 97 ron, I currently on the 2nd rev of the map, gotta do some more datalogs and send them over to msd

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@gixxerboy

How long did it take to get to – 1.0 from when you first put the map on the car.

I always put it 99 fuel

Gixxerboy
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

@robroy

Its pretty much been -1.0 from the start, after 2nd revision it went to -0.8 as soon as it was installed and after a couple of days it went back to -1.0 and has been there ever since, I’d have thought on the 99ron fuel you wouldn’t hav had any issues?? Best fuel we can get in N.I. is bp 97ron

Only issue stu said i might hav with mine was I might a slight boost leak and waste gate duty cycle was slightly high, bust haven’t found any leak

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I had the recirc valve replaced as had a similar issue , I did have a slight issue with the hard pipe touching the sump possibly causing ghost knock , but that’s been rectified 🙁

Gixxerboy
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Do you still have your datalog mate, b interesting to see what your wastegate duty cycle looks like compared to mine through the gear pull, or do you know what it should look like? I have a turbosmart recirc valve fitted

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I have turbosmart now too , perhaps I will do a run this week , what sort of knock value are you getting

Gixxerboy
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

I can send u my data log if u want, if u want to pm me ur email address

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@gixxerboy

I don’t think you can pm on here,  my email is angellrobin@aol.com

Cheers be  interesting to compare 👍

Gixxerboy
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Sent mate

chris-rs380
    Participant

UK - England

@robroy

You can ‘force’ the oar to -1.0
    Find a decent up hill road and load the car up with around 2 to 3 psi and hold it there for around 10 seconds. This technique I found worked spot on on mine when wanting to get to -1.0 for data logging. May take a couple of attempts but have a go and let me know if it’s worked!

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@chris-rs380

with the litchfield map it goes straight to -1,00 quite quickly , but do some tuners de sensitive it .

what do you mean load it up ?

chris-rs380
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve read that tuners can choose how quickly it gets to -1.0 so some move quicker than others.

For example I use a local bypass which is up hill. I hit it and give it throttle until I see 3 psi boost and keep increasing throttle to maintain the 3 psi for the 10 seconds. You’ll need to be in 5th or 6th and keep a close eye on the AccessPort for the boost pressure. I’d do it when the road is quiet.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@chris-rs380

Also when i put the Litchfield map back on the knock disappeared ! (bit worrying)

Attila
    Participant

Hungary

I have the same issue with msd multimaps (350-380-400).

For the first time I refueled with MOL 100 petrol, AOL remained at -0.8 after few hundred km. Then I refueled Auchan 98 gasoline, the AOL changed to -0.89. For the third time I refueled an OMW 100 petrol, AOL has not changed yet.

Two of my friends have an msd 420 multimap, both use OMW 100 petrol, both have a value of -0.8 left.

Stu told me the same thing as RobRoy. He also said the gasoline I refuel is not good.

I read Chris’ suggestion. I will try. But I don’t understand how OAR can be forced if it depends on the quality of the gasoline.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Octane Adjust Ratio and msd map. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!