Octane Adjust Ratio and msd map

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

Before you datalog, switch units to metric.

JohnD

Tyrefitter
    Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

@JohnD enlighten me.

Andy.

Red Edition.

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

The list of parameters that Stewart recommends to be datalogged are shown in metric units  eg boost in kPa, AFR as Lambda, charge temp in degC  etc

The list contains 32 parameters!  Most of which I understand and a few I don’t!   It should be on the Email you received containing the map.   It’s also on the MSD website under Cobb tuning?

JohnD

Tyrefitter
    Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

@JohnD Thanks,i bought the handset secondhand but stuart did send me a email with the peramiters i need to check.

Andy.

Red Edition.

JohnD
    Participant

UK - England

Just an update on the datalogging on my MSD420

Having flashed the revised map after the first datalog  I’ve found a definite improvement in mid range response with the boost coming in earlier and it’s livelier off boost.  Along with this, my average fuel consumption over similar driving to before, has gone from 26/27mpg to 30!

I’ve done the second datalog run and flashed the (very) slightly adjusted map and have to say that although I was not originally convinced of tangible improvements over the Mountune M400R, after the revisions following datalogging, I’ve now stuck the MSD420 badges on the car!

So, for all those with any of the MSD maps installed via the Cobb Accessport and with the option of two datalogs available (E-tune) do it! 

richard31337
    richard31337
    Participant

UK - England

@JohnD

All agreed from me 🙂 definite improvement over m400r, and I’m also on my first revised map from Stu. MSD all the way.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Octane Adjust Ratio and msd map. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!