Off to see an RS tomorrow

Home Forums General Newbie Off to see an RS tomorrow

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Adam Johnson
    Participant

UK - England

Hello,

My local dealership has the car in the link below up for sale. I currently have an F80 M3 competition that unfortunately broke back in March and they’ve had it ever since!

The RS is on my short list of cars to try and is the one I’m most excited about. I’ve not owned an RS since my S2 RST back in 2001, a white 1990 one owner car that i loved owning.

Any thoughts/comments on the car will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys.

Adam

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201907220322203?atmobcid=soc3

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Adam, first thing is to enjoy!!!

Have a good look round the car and ask them has the Head Gasket recall been done??

You can check on ETIS as well, but when I bought my 66 plate in November last year, the FSA paperwork came with the car.

The RS is a great car, but when out on the test drive…

From a rolling 30mph, boot it in 4th to check for clutch slippage.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

Also, find out what level of ‘Mountune’ it has as this will influence MPG and how the car feels

Edition, FPM 375

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Enjoy the day ?

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t be influenced by the sale patter. If its a genuine car go for it.

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Oh looked at the add looks like its about right pricewise, make sure the car will go where you want it to go ie it has an aftermarket addition to the splitter and side skirts. Mine has none of this and still have to be careful entering my driveway. So a test drive home wouldn’t be a wasted test. Also sync 2, mines a 66 plate but has sync 3, so mine was manufactured around October 10th 2016, the one in the add is probably an early September build. From what has been said on here the Sync3 is a more preferable system.

Coastliner

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Price looks reasonable, looks a nice one owner car. As others have said, check if the FSA has been carried out and normal stuff like servie history is available. Also should have the Mountune folder/info?

Enjoy the ride!

Adam Johnson
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I did wonder about the splitter and diffuser addition etc. At least i can get a feel for one. I’ve never been up close to one. I’ve watched pretty much every YouTube clip on the mk3 now..?

What are the benefits of the sync 3 over the sync 2 please?

I’ll let you know my thoughts soon. Cheers guys?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

A warm welcome Adam, hope the test drive goes well. Look forward to your update. Cheers Red

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Sync 3 is apparently faster and more responsive. I only have Sync 3, never player with Sync 2 so can’t say for definate.

I wouldn’t let that affect your judgement though if the car is a good one go for it.

verh010
    Participant

Netherlands

verh010
    Participant

Netherlands

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Adam, there are a lot of these cars for sale at the moment, so I am saying you have the biggest and best choice at the moment, sync 3 definitely better than sync 2, to upgrade is possible but not worth the cost and hassle you can probably buy a more recent model with the upgrade for similar money. I purchased my MK2 Focus RS from Hartwells at Grimsby, I wouldn’t buy from them again for a number of reasons.

Coastliner

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Welcome. The car looks good. @verh010 already replied with the sync 2 to 3 upgrade.

Good luck sir!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Off to see an RS tomorrow. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!