Ohlins R&T Suspension Kit

Home Forums Performance Handling Ohlins R&T Suspension Kit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

HocusFocus
    Participant

USA

Has anyone purchased or installed this kit on their RS?  How is the ride quality vs. stock?  Does it eliminate the pogo motions while increasing grip and suppleness?

Thanks!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

You can make the RS ride real comfy simply by fitting the Std focus’s suspension ! IF you want a car that handles and rides flat and has an RS badge, you really need stiff springs and dampers like FORD have fitted.  More comfort means soft, spongey, wallowy, boaty, slower reacting, less sharp turn in. Everything is a compromise, I believe FORD did a pretty good job as they knew loads of folk wanted to go straight on the track with it, if they had made it more compliant/softer, I guarantee you all those track day boys/magazine testers etc etc would all have said “its far too soft for the track, it rolls around , dives under braking, squats excessively under throttle, overheats outside edges of tyres in two laps…”  it cannot please everyone all of the time but it pleases me most of the time and I find the ride fine, I know I’m in a proper car and not a soft rolypoly boring car,when I’m in it. innit.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Its as costly as the Tractive kit, but the Öhlins is a traditional coilover kit very well made.

Other kit of theirs I’ve used has been very good (Super bike shocks Fireblade and Mountsin bike shocks).

But to answer your question no not tried it.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

A very good compromise in improving a good Ford OEM setup.

Would be to change the springs to H&R, Eibach, Mountune, ETC dependant an the year of your RS the later Ford OEM Dampers and finish it off with a DSC controller mentioning the DSC may cause a fire, but also all whom own it love it and the difference is fantastic improving an epic car to awesome car or vice/versa

Or miss out the later Ford dampers and just do the springs and DSC.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ohlins R&T Suspension Kit. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!