Oil consumption

Home Forums Performance Engine Oil consumption

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

kingsilverman
    Participant

United Kingdom

Probably an obvious question but did you check the oil level when you received the car? The oil only has to be between the max and min levels when it is delivered, I’ve driven 2500 miles at the moment and it hasn’t used a drop though the oil level is not at max because it never was,I checked it on receipt. Not properly filling the oil saves Ford a lot of money over several thousand cars, they didn’t even want to give me a tank of fuel when I picked the car up, I had to pay extra for a full tank.

Not so much a boy racer, more an old boy racer.

Bagster60
    Participant

New Zealand

Mines done 5500km and the oil level is sitting at about 3/4 on the dip stick

2016 Focus Rs

2012 BMW 1 M Coupe

J J
    Participant

United Kingdom

Mine used a bit of oil for the first 10,000 miles then stopped using any . On 17,000 miles with no oil used since 10,000

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Turns out mine had not used hardly any after all, don’t ask……..should of gone to specsavers ;o)

howsey
    Blocked

UK - Wales

I went though the same thing with the coolant, I was convinced I was losing it. I like the forums but they can send you insane looking for problems that aren’t there. Glad you’re not losing it….

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Cheers bud, think your right, lesson most definitely learnt…

Spent so much time worrying about running in, oil/coolant levels etc, time to just drive and enjoy me thinks

wakey
    Participant

UK - England

Most cars will use oil during the first few thousand miles. I’ve had a number of new performance cars and every one has been the same.

I’m not a fan of miss daisy running in style. I’ve always gone for the more direct approach; get the car fully warmed up, oil at 80-90deg then work it through the gears and some hard acceleration.

after a couple of k miles then change the oil and drive as conditions/mood/law permits

Matt23
    Participant

UK - England

@Kingsilverman-I’ll be honest, I didn’t check the oil level when we collected the car. I did plan to, but got a bit caught up in the moment and forgot to check a few other things. So as you’ve mentioned, it might not have been fully topped up apon collection, so I’ll top it up at the weekend and keep an eye on it.

iain-t
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I`m now running it on Mobil 1 oil as I can get it from Costco at a reasonable rate.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Oil consumption. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!