Oil Consumption Fix

Home Forums Performance Engine Oil Consumption Fix

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Good info guys. Definitely worth getting a solution in place for this oil issue.

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers Kenny

Be good to shoehorn some definitive info from Ford as well. I know that Mitch was having his oil inspected and IIRC was told the oil wasn’t contaminated but that was it? We got anyone on the inside who can update on this as we seem to be doing all the legwork ourselves, which in itself is admirable but in reality we the customer should be given updates from Ford!!!

On another note I am lucky i get my oil at trade price LOL

CheeRS

Louie

Revo STG2 Beta Map 433hp 450lb-ft 610.1 nm

?????? Game REVO

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

All,

My car goes to Haynes tomorrow for the PDC fix. I have just had this info from the service manager regarding the Oil consumption fix…..Please don’t shoot the messenger or the service manager as this has come direct from ford.

Hi Louie

I thought I’d pop you a message to let you know there has been a new FSA issued on your car overnight, it is actually linked to another issue I’ve seen on the forum relating to low oil level concerns, Ford have recognised the issue now and have released a new software update to allow the PCM to more accurately predict the oil change intervals needed. They are also recommending more frequent checks of the oil level. 

I know this may not be the fix everyone was hoping for but I suppose at least it’s a step in the right direction while they look further into the oil consumption. 

I’ve added the update on to the job sheet for tomorrow so rest assured we will take care of this too.

CheeRS

Louie

Revo STG2 Beta Map 433hp 450lb-ft 610.1 nm

?????? Game REVO

Andy Hinkley
    Participant

United Kingdom

@Louie “Service manager” I wish, one day, just a lowly albeit quite technically minded service advisor at the moment. If all systems are playing ball tomorrow it shouldn’t take too long to carry out.

No doubt the rest of you guys with vehicles effected by this will receive letters soon, or if you’d like to pop your reg down I can check if the PCM update is applicable for your vehicles.

Andy

Alan484
    Participant

United Kingdom

Interesting chat guys , I look forward to hearing the outcome of your two different ways of tackling this issue . My own car has only done 1200 miles so ive not noticed any usage of oil yet , it will be interesting to see how or if that changes once its driven at full pelt soon,,very very soon !!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Oil Consumption Fix. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!