Oil leak turbo feed pipe ?

Home Forums Performance Engine Oil leak turbo feed pipe ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

evodean
    Participant

UK - England

Anyone come across a slight leak from the turbo feed pipe where the banjo bolts to the head/block ?

is it just a case or replacing the copper washers ?

thanks ?

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

You’ve got a warranty, mate. Ford is your friend.

evodean
    Participant

UK - England

I know but rather do it myself for the sake of 2 washers than let some young apprentice at ford try doing it ? and still get it back leaking

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

Poor buggers! I’m sure they’re better than that. ?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

There’s a picture in RS chat about 5 pages in. Is it like that

Honorary Member

evodean
    Participant

UK - England

That’s the one I did search on here before posting but couldn’t find it

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I think,, hermmm you just tighten it up a little and see if it stops, if not it’s a new washer.

Honorary Member

evodean
    Participant

UK - England

It’s tight just strange it’s only just started leaking

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Their normally cooper crush washers. These should by rights be changed with new every time in a similar way you would with new brake hoses.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

o1turbo30v
    Participant

USA

This has been covered pretty well on the US forum.  Step 1 is to replace banjo bolt and crush washer, this will mostly likely not fix your issue…….

“My experience was similar to yours. They did the HG repair and all seemed well for a few weeks. However, after a long spirited drive I saw oil on the turbo banjo bolt. Initial repair was ensuring bolt was tight and replacing 2 washers. Once again under general driving no leak, but after some aggressive driving the leak was back. Dealer replaced oil return line and new washers. Within a few days it was back in the shop for oil leak. This time the replaced the timing cover and the leak appears to have stopped/been fixed. Some RS owners have had to have the HG replaced AGAIN.

Tech said that the early HG services (mine was in April) recall assembly procedure was changed adding sealant to some locations that previously hadn’t be included (don’t know where that spot is located, but suspect it is near timing chain cover. He also said there is an oil passage on the rear passenger side of the block, near the timing chain cover, where oil is used to control variable cam timing and that seems to be contributing to the leaks I’ve seen. He suspects that a combination of location, recall instructions and timing chain cover to block fit/sealant was causing the issue.”

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

mine has just been in for the 1st service at 1900 miles and they have wrote down on invoice ‘ leak possibly from oil feed pipe – needs investigating’

I thought i was unlucky but i guess its a common issue

“A car is just fast enough when you stand in front of it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it” – Walter Rohrl

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Mine has this issue it goes in for second service next Friday and I have said I want it sorting during the service. I only think you can fully see it with the belly pan removed. I always have a good look around mine before and after service.

Coastliner

RSJAY73
    Participant

UK - England

Same here mines is being replaced in 3 weeks/next service ?

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

think i’ll have to take mine back in just for this, hate taking cars to the main dealer 🙁

“A car is just fast enough when you stand in front of it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it” – Walter Rohrl

buz
    Participant

UK - England

Mine went in for its 2nd service yesterday and they found I had this leak as well, I was half expecting it really after reading how common it is after the HG recall. No drama as they ordered the parts overnight and sorted it this morning.

2017 Nitrous Blue RS with every option except shell seats – no blue bolsters for me though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Oil leak turbo feed pipe ?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!