Oil pressure

Home Forums Performance General Oil pressure

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

When giving the car some stick has anyone ever noticed a burning smell and oil pressure running a bit low? Noticed it today after giving it a bit of a blast

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

Yes, when I give it a near red line blast in 2nd & 3rd a burning smell fills the cabin, smells like clutch and hot brakes or maybe the cat to me, within a minute it’s gone again once I let off the gas and slow down . No drop in oil pressure though ?

I don’t ride the clutch pedal or the brake pedal so not sure what it is, has made this smell Since I bought the car when driving hard…

always wait for car to fully warm up before a bit of fun ?

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Have noticed the same after giving it plenty of welly,looking on youtube for re-circulating valve and sound suppression mods the turbo is situated behind the o/s/f inner wheel arch ,usually smell it when i get out the car.Oil pressure fine,oil temp ok.

Former RS Edition owner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I understand the oil pressure gauge doesn’t actually read the real engine oil pressure, it just displays a reading that the computer assumes is there according to the oil temperature, coolant temperature and engine revs !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah I heard the same. It’s the same in the ST. More of a gimmick

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

I was thinking might be an oil leak or something which got me worried but sounds like alls good if the dial is a bit of a gimmick and lieing to me

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ADW I have not even looked to see if it has got an oil pressure warning light, if it hasn’t and the gauge has a mind of its own, what happens if there is oil pressure failure? how do you get to know ?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

adw
    Participant

UK - England

There’s an oil warning light on the ipc but I don’t know if that is just a level sensor or pressure sensor.

IIRC, the reviews I have read on other forums, mainly when I had my st, was it didn’t seem to give the same readings as when people were testing the actual oil pressure

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Oil pressure. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!