Oil Specification

Home Forums Performance Fluids Oil Specification

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

If you are looking to change your oil in your 2016 Focus RS, Ford recommends SAE 0w-40 grade. For a complete oil change you are recommended to refill 5.4 litres.

Remember to always use high quality oil and filter. For warranty you are best so stick for Ford parts. Motorcraft part number for oil filter is FL 910 S

hulkrs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi Kenny, where did you get the oil spec from?   I’m on anther forum and discussions centered around 0-40.

do you have any service docs by any chance 🙂

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

hulkrs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Looks like it is 0w-40  spec wss-m2c937-a going by the rs supplement.

Maybe it was 5-50 earlier?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Could be. Will try and get someone to check their manual to clarify

nims bhagalia
    Participant

United Kingdom

its 0-40 got the spec book at work 🙂

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Thanks for the heads up will get that changed and tell Ford to update their website 🙂

M1KE
    Participant

United Kingdom

The Castrol edge 0W-40 fully synthetic engine oil to fords WSS-M2C937-A spec is on offer at Tesco for £9.00 for a 1lt bottle or £54 for the 6lts you need for an oil change. My Ford dealership wanted £17.00 a litre, only difference is no ford logo on the bottle! Tesco’s offer runs out on the 13/7/16 so be quick as ford wanted over £180.00 just for a oil and filter change.

RS manual says oil fill capacity inc the oil filter is 5.4 lts (1.2 gal)

Hope this was useful.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Thanks Mike for that will give that a share!

Mike Day
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Rates Ford in Grays Essex will change you Oil and Filter for £85 inc vat while you wait using genuine ford parts and Castrol Edge 0w-40 oil.

Contact Mike Day miked@rates.co.uk or call 01375 391234

Thank you

Mike

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Just done a shop in my local Wilco (Wilkinsons) and they had some Castrol Edge 0w-40 for £12.00  They only had a couple of 1ltr cans but worth having as a top up. It wasn’t on special so assume this is their rrp if they have stock.

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

mondeoman
    Participant

UK - England

Opie Oils are currently selling 4 litres for £31.99.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-69382-castrol-edge-titanium-0w-40-fst-a3b4-fully-synthetic-car-engine-oil.aspx

Buy 8 litres and it’s free postage.

I also found a 10% off code online so 8 litres cost me £57.59 – great value.

PS Kenny apparently they will give special deals to car forums etc, so it might be worth you getting in touch with Opie to do a deal for us all!

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

OK thanks @mondeoman

I was speaking with them a few months back but didn’t have any RS Mk3 products available, will chase them up.

mart
    Participant

UK - Wales

Hi

is Mobil 1 new life fully syn 0-40 ok to put in.

Thanks

Antonio C.
    Participant

Spain

Hi.

Transmission and rear diff fluids??sae, miles change??

Cheers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Oil Specification. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!