Other drivers…grr.

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Other drivers…grr.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

After 3 months of RS ownership I can honestly say that I’ve never experienced this amount of hostility (maybe too strong of a word but can’t think of another) from other drivers when driving my RS.

I’ve owned plenty of quick cars over the years but I’ve rarely experienced the regular aggressive driving antics I’m seeing from idiots let loose on the road.

It appears there is something in a NB RS that brings the worst out of people. Can be so bloody annoying though.

Anyone have similar experiences? Or is it just me!!

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

I haven’t been too bad so far, I was expecting alot worse to be honest.

Not sure it its the magnetic colour thats too subtle.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Only had one incident in over 1year of ownership and that was Mr White Van Man behind me trying to push me along. I think in my case maybe because it’s Black it doesn’t get noticed immediately

Honorary Member

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Couple of M cars but they were dispatched lol

Other than that noting really but I am in sleepy West Wales

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Most of my experiences involving other drivers have been positive. One or two I rather forget about!

cushtiefpm375
    Participant

UK - England

And there I was, thinking it was just me!! But then again I’m in Essex home of the boy racer! It must be NB thing.

simonh
    Participant

UK - England

A friend of mine sold his nitrous blue for this very reason! He was sad to see it go, but he’s happy now with his 17 plate 540i. He sold it to a dealer and now the car is owned by someone else on here!?

marky-markrs
    Participant

UK - England

The biggest twat Iv experienced was another MK3 driver. Drove like a dick head right behind me, then floored it past me to gain 5 metres at best to turn right. Then floored it kicking stones at my car, luckily no damage. Not sure what the bell end was trying to prove?!?

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

@marky-markrs, ask him or her, they might be a forum member. Seriously though, that sort of stunt is infantile at the very best.

marky-markrs
    Participant

UK - England

It was pathetic, it felt like he couldn’t wait to show me he was in the same style car!! Knob heads Driving up your arse you get used to in our cars, but when he did his rally turn kicking all the grit from the centre of the road at me I wanted to rip his head off!!

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Pleased there was no damage to your paintwork. What a pointless piece of driving…..

rs_kev
    Participant

UK - England

Has plenty of this. I’m glad it’s not just me. I’d put it down to maybe being over defensive and causious. Been cut up, not given space to pass in tight areas, and the usual morons in a polo with big bore sitting on the back bumper before passing on a parically blind Bend.

Also had a couple of plenaent experiences and chats. Still get nervous I’m going to get a punch in the nose and car stolen when anyone approaches though.

marky-markrs
    Participant

UK - England

The good points far outweigh the bad. I had the ultimate green MK3 RS before this, I didn’t think for one second even in NB it would get as much attention, but it has, maybe even more. Iv had more strangers stop and take a picture while I’m in traffic, and people in general talk to me about the car and how much they like it. From little kids to pensioners ??

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

I had it today for the first time, had a Slow moving ambulance ( not a proper one, just a private one) and a couple of cars in front of me when approaching a bit of road with an over taking lane, one car went for it and so did I, plenty of time till the road narrowed but as I got up to the ambulance he pulled across the road on me pushing me in to on coming traffic, split decision and went for it, think if I had let off things would of been a lot different, I should of stopped and had it out with him but he turned off before I could, people obviously don’t like being over taken!!!

soren
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah i get this quite a bit, had pictures taken whilst waiting at lights, this the reason my wife hates the car, just attracts to much attention. Get at least one kn*****d every day but also someone who always says nice motor mate. Car to good to let the dicks get to you, at the end of the day just put your foot down and you will never see them again

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Other drivers…grr.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!