Overrev's RS Edition

Home Forums General Members’ Cars Overrev's RS Edition

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve owned an early 03/16 Nitrous, (my first RS), for all but two years now, in short, I’ve had 14’000 miles of great fun, the RS is infectious, and if I am honest I am hooked.

Thus, after two enjoyable years, my path inevitably remains one of the RS faith, and long story short, last week I was chopping in the 16 RS for an 18 RS Edition.

I hadn’t seen one in the flesh prior to taking delivery, so I was chuffed to find this car was just what I’d hoped for, spot on, and I am really happy.

I can’t wait to get some miles behind the wheel, but for now, a quick wash and a few shots.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Very nice, like the pics too. Enjoy and happy RS’ing

Honorary Member

b1rdy
    Participant

UK - England

Was it just the Forged wheels you got extra or did you add anything else on?

2018 RS Edition

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Congratulations. Looks a beaut!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Congratulations nice pics

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

lovely jubbly. I reckon those seats would go well in a white one too…WANT !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Congratulations thanks for sharing nice pics

Honorary Member

eagle
    Participant

UK - England

(bobcat says)

very nice like the pics

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

Thank you for your kind words lads, I’ll admit to already feeling something special towards this RS, I can’t put my finger on it, just something I don’t have the words for right now, it’s possibly lots of little things put together, she’s different to my previous early 16 build, the drive seems more refined, smoother, definitely more evolved, IMO the suspension has definitely been tweeked as well, much more compliant. IMPO, I would have to conclude Ford have been busy.

There were a couple of times after ordering the Edition I wondered whether I was doing the right thing, I have no doubts now, and consider myself very lucky to own this car.

b1rdy – Only Forged Wheels and Door protectors come as available options on this car, and I specified them both. All the other kit comes as standard with no sunroof available on this model. This time around I decided to have the Rally Armor Mudflaps fitted, (just too much paint damage on my previous RS, particularly  behind the front wheels), thankfully the dealer fitted them free of charge on the PDI.

71-bda – Your right about the seats, they really add to the interior and would look nice in your mint white RS. You can also notice the difference regarding the seat height from the earlier car, although only a relatively small drop, it is tangible.

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve had the car a month now, and I’ve got to say I am really enjoying the car, the mileage is nearing 1100 miles, (I can hardly believe how quickly the miles have gone on the car), very few of those miles are urban as the vast majority of my driving is done in rural areas, as a result the car lives on a diet of mainly B roads, of which it makes short work while snorting it’s way through the V Power.

I’d been thinking of fitting the bonnet struts on my first RS but never got around to doing it, anyway, this time around I thought I’d crack straight on with it and get them fitted. I am really happy with them, we’ll see how they perform over the longer term, fingers crossed.

Happy RSing Folks

blue047
    Participant

UK - England

OverRev great pictures mate, what are you using to clean the roof?

pick my edition up soon and need to start collecting my cleaning stuff

billy3
    Participant

UK - England

Really jealous,the car looks great.

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

blue047 – Firstly, congrats on your incoming Edition, imo this car is fantastic, your absolutely going to love it.

With regards to cleaning the roof, I am currently finishing off the last of my Bilt Hammer Auto wash, it’s advertised as a shampoo that’s wax and additive free, and as of yet the matte roof still looks as it did on collection from the dealership, with no polishing or glazing appearing to be evident, I reckon I’ll have finished this shampoo in the next wash or two, and like you, I have been eyeing up some products that I’d like to try out, particularly with the matte roof in mind.

Going forward, I ‘ve decided to give the Nanolex line of Matte specific products a go next, I do like to try different products, so thought I’d stock up and give their ‘Matte Spray Sealant – 100ml kit’ a try to protect the roof, and thereafter, do the routine washes with their ‘Matte reactivating Shampoo’. They also have other Matte specific products, but for now we’ll start with these and see how we get on.

Here’s a pic of the kit.

Billy3 – Thankyou for the compliment mate, the car really has me hooked.

By the way, I enjoyed reading what you guys posted in the North West Dyno thread, thanks for posting up.

blue047
    Participant

UK - England

OverRev thanks for that I will have a look. I’ve been using Swissvax products  and to be honest I don’t know if they do matte products as I haven’t had to use them.

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

blue047 – Yes mate, Swissvax do an ‘Opaque’ range for matte finishes. I haven’t used Swissvax products before, but I gather they are a quality product.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Overrev's RS Edition. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!