Paint work issue

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Paint work issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mark Bloomer
    Participant

UK - England

I’m not happy ☹️

So this morning I washed and sealed my RS as I do every couple of months, whilsted cleaning off the sealer I found this

its under the paint, I’ve been told it may be filer that’s been used and it’s bubbled up under the paint work

i was also told that a repair will not be good enough so the bonnet will need to be replaced

i really don’t want dings and dents getting there hands on my car and do a sub standard job

where do I stand and what do I do

the dealers I brought it off seem to have an attitude that they have had my money and won’t be interested, but I’ve not showed them it yet, I just know ☹️

Any help would be much appreciated ?

This is my first RS, absolutely smitten with it ???

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ooh, a new bonnet just for that tiny spot? madness. Did you buy the car new?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Mark Bloomer
    Participant

UK - England

Yes, picked her up july 2017

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Well I’d get it back to the selling dealer asap,  paintwork defects are covered under warranty,  and bodywork perforation warranty is for like 12 years?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Mark Bloomer
    Participant

UK - England

I hope so, just don’t want a shite job doing ??‍♂️

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Paint work issue. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!